Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIRMWARE] Flash KitKat the EASY Way!!!! or Go back to JellyBean

Tip us?
 
king200
Old
#171  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 221
Posts: 494
Join Date: Feb 2012
If the .tot filel for d80020u is contained in dlgpg file, it is here https://mega.co.nz/#F!sQ8nlbiK!tqx8pQALZOiHFMyUfQESiQ

It came from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2779910
 
SuperSport
Old
#172  
SuperSport's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 429
Posts: 2,953
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northern California

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by king200 View Post
If the .tot filel for d80020u is contained in dlgpg file, it is here https://mega.co.nz/#F!sQ8nlbiK!tqx8pQALZOiHFMyUfQESiQ

It came from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2779910
Unfortunately, that's just a Patch File, and so far, I've had zero success getting those to flash.

But thank you for watching out for it. I'm sure it will turn up soon.
Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx w Win Blue
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
MediaFire Share - Mostly Windows Mobile
MEGA Share - Mostly Android
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

53 75 70 65 72 53 70 6f 72 74 HEX
 
avercros
Old
#173  
avercros's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 303
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Armenia
Thanks for your work OP, was so easy!

Current Device: G2
 
The.Se7enth
Old
#174  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 48
Join Date: May 2011
I have a question relating to this thread.

Hypothetically, if I were to install a custom ROM (I've always been a fan of customs, but I'm only familiar with the Galaxy S phones), and somehow ran into an issue with the phone and wanted to restore the phone back to the stock version it's running, would I be able to use this method and still update back to D80020u? Or would I be stuck on D80020c only?

I honestly doubt I'll run into any issues, but in the slim chance I somehow brick the phone or if I accidentally dropped it, I'd want to be able to restore it to the right version so that I can return+replace it via warranty. If it's still stuck on a custom ROM, I know AT&T wouldn't honor the warranty -- I'm not sure if they'd say anything about it being on an earlier version of Android than it was when I initially bought it, but it's better to cover all bases just to be safe.
 
SuperSport
Old
#175  
SuperSport's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 429
Posts: 2,953
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northern California

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Se7enth View Post
I have a question relating to this thread.

Hypothetically, if I were to install a custom ROM (I've always been a fan of customs, but I'm only familiar with the Galaxy S phones), and somehow ran into an issue with the phone and wanted to restore the phone back to the stock version it's running, would I be able to use this method and still update back to D80020u? Or would I be stuck on D80020c only?

I honestly doubt I'll run into any issues, but in the slim chance I somehow brick the phone or if I accidentally dropped it, I'd want to be able to restore it to the right version so that I can return+replace it via warranty. If it's still stuck on a custom ROM, I know AT&T wouldn't honor the warranty -- I'm not sure if they'd say anything about it being on an earlier version of Android than it was when I initially bought it, but it's better to cover all bases just to be safe.
If you have access to Over the Air Updates, you will be fine. In other words, if you are on AT&T Network in the US, you will be fine.

When you use this method to flash back, it installs the Stock Original Firmware to your phone. You then use the OTA Update to bring it up to current version.

I also believe that if you were to send it back for repair only one version back, they probably wouldn't care or be any the wiser. It would be completely stock still.

Flash away, and enjoy! Of course, be careful and follow instructions with each flash...
Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx w Win Blue
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
MediaFire Share - Mostly Windows Mobile
MEGA Share - Mostly Android
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

53 75 70 65 72 53 70 6f 72 74 HEX
 
Gabriel51
Old
(Last edited by Gabriel51; 17th July 2014 at 01:33 AM.)
#176  
Gabriel51's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 1,285
Join Date: May 2008
Location: XDA-Developers Texas
Default Fubared! Borked!

Everything goes fine until I install the D800_AutoRec.apk and reboot from TWRP!
After the install (which was successful) I choose boot it into recovery, it boots into recovery without a problem and then:
It never boots again!
I get the LG screen and a constant boot loop which means I have to hold the start button until it turns off and then hold the up volume and start button at the same time to get it into the download mode so I can start all over again.
Everything works perfect until I try to reboot from TWRP.
I don't see anyone else with this problem, unless I missed it?

The stock 4.4.2 rom works great, I would like to have a custom recovery...

BTW.. I rooted with ioroot before installing the recovery (root verified)
Any ideas?


Update: I moved to Philz's CMR no problems...
 
SuperSport
Old
#177  
SuperSport's Avatar
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 429
Posts: 2,953
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northern California

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel51 View Post
Everything goes fine until I install the D800_AutoRec.apk and reboot from TWRP!
After the install (which was successful) I choose boot it into recovery, it boots into recovery without a problem and then:
It never boots again!
I get the LG screen and a constant boot loop which means I have to hold the start button until it turns off and then hold the up volume and start button at the same time to get it into the download mode so I can start all over again.
Everything works perfect until I try to reboot from TWRP.
I don't see anyone else with this problem, unless I missed it?

The stock 4.4.2 rom works great, I would like to have a custom recovery...

BTW.. I rooted with ioroot before installing the recovery (root verified)
Any ideas?


Update: I moved to Philz's CMR no problems...
I'm just getting a chance to reply, and I see you added an Update. Thank you for adding that. I was going to recommend you check the AutoRec thread for an answer as it felt like it might be related to that.

Again, thank you.
Tablet: Lenovo IdeaPad Lynx w Win Blue
Current: Nokia Lumia 1020
MediaFire Share - Mostly Windows Mobile
MEGA Share - Mostly Android
Disclaimer: By using any Files, Packages, Cabs, ROMs, Knowledge, etc, that I share, you are doing so at your own risk. Go Ahead, Live on the Edge!

53 75 70 65 72 53 70 6f 72 74 HEX
 
xniightx
Old
#178  
xniightx's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport View Post
Sorry Everyone, I've been out of town and only on my phone, but mostly busy with family stuff.

Thank you for the clear info. I will build a 10d version. Hopefully tomorrow.I'm sorry, I have been away from home. Just read this. Yes, you are fine if your phone is rooted. This Flash will remove Root. As mentioned in the First post, there is currently no way to root KitKat, (Unless I've missed something since last night). So root, then go to KitKat.Some people have issues with Internet Explorer on Mega Website. You might install Chrome or Firefox and try it that way, or use a Download Manager of your choice.That is Correct, no Custom Recovery. Not unless something has appeared since last night when I last went through the forums.
please help i wrongly flashed an 16gb d802 firmware on my 32gb lg d800 when i try the lgtool it gives me cross dll or wrong phone error i try the 8974 dll and still get the cross dll error i try the ubuntu way and all i get is another error saying invalid gpt with valid mbr my phone boots up but shuts down quit try to enable usb debuging but the phone shuts down b4 the drivers are installed so that only leave me with download mode...any help would be appreciated

Tags
d80020c, kitkat, lg g2, lgflashtool
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes