Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,170 Members 43,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [moto_msm8960]

Tip us?

IronTechmonkey
Old
(Last edited by IronTechmonkey; 19th July 2014 at 07:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasihellfish View Post
I un-selected all the networks for Carbon Delta back at the beginning of the month, as soon as I heard about the whole JB/KT bootloader issue with the unified ROMs. Honestly, no Atrix HD user should be trying to use Carbon Delta enabled at this point. No?

Also, while I have no empirical evidence of it, I think my Dalvik issue might have been a result of me playing around trying to get screen mirroring working with my Chromecast. There were some unsupported methods by a user elsewhere on XDA, and I tried it out. Phone acted very wonky after that; forced reboot, bad battery drains for a whole day, etc. Shortly after than incident is when I checked and found I was back on Dalvik. But to be fair, I hadn't looked at it for several days before that, so I have no way to be sure.
Regardless, I'll be watching a little closer now.
I was about to write an overlong reply that leaned towards the update system as cause while admitting that I also had no empirical evidence when...

I found that I can replicate this problem absolutely by charging the phone when powered off. When I disconnect the charger and power up phone it reverts to Dalvik on boot. Converting back to ART now. Icon rolling rolling rolling. Optimizing app X of Y.

Did you charge phone while powered off?
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quasihellfish
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronTechmonkey View Post
Did you charge phone while powered off?
Yup, that must have been it. My battery ran all the way down last night to the point of the phone turning itself off. So I just plugged it in. When I powered it on this morning (while still plugged in) it started "Upgrading..." the apps. Checked, and I'm back on Dalvik.
Well I guess I won't be doing that again.

Good work.
Atrix HD (AT&T) - KitKat 4.4.4, CM11; 20140721-N (from epinter)

IronTechmonkey
Old
(Last edited by IronTechmonkey; 20th July 2014 at 08:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasihellfish View Post
Yup, that must have been it. My battery ran all the way down last night to the point of the phone turning itself off. So I just plugged it in. When I powered it on this morning (while still plugged in) it started "Upgrading..." the apps. Checked, and I'm back on Dalvik.
Well I guess I won't be doing that again.

Good work.
LOL
Patient: "Doc, it hurts when I do this"
Doc: "Then don't do that!"

I wont be doing it again either but for other reasons. I cant keep up with the notification shade/back button induced processor jams in Carbon so I'm going back to CM M8. Will be back on Carbon in a nanosecond if an official MB886 AT&T KK OTA is actually released.

<edit>
Well, well, well. I figured I'd test in CM M8 and the same thing happens.

I certainly hope this is just a thing in custom ROMS and wont occur if and when an official AT&T, KK, MB886 OTA is released.
<edit>