Waterproof?

1st June 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 278

470 posts
More
They're are cases now from lifeproof and otterbox... one of them isn't released yet, but I can't remember which one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st June 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #12  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 30

335 posts
More
The lifeproof one is out, the otterbox is not out yet.
4th June 2014, 01:56 AM   |  #13  
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 367

1,711 posts
More
Waterproof case? I put mine into a sink full of water 15 minutes after buying it out right. That satisfied me and I just bought a regular case

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th July 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Exclamation Not Waterproof
Quote:
Originally Posted by byte9

The headphone port is indeed self sealing. Source A)IP67 cert B)YouTube videos C)I submerged my own in a glass bowl filled with water and it lived just fine unscathed to allow me to author this post.

Love, from GS5 locked bootloader hell.

i just bought mine and i took it for a test in the pool and took pics and video and i opened to see if water got inside and yes some drops where inside but not in the important area so i dry it close it and it was good until later i try to see the pics and the screen went wild and then the horror screen went from white to black and that was it i try to dry it with hairdryer nothing i came back to live for a sec only to do the same then the rice trick nothing now is all black i can hear the phone respond but no image and im in despair since att told me warranty is void cuz the water indicator is red so im f up. Can someone help me out with some miraculous fix for this problem please i just bought it and im beyond broke. I got isopropyl alcohol if i dunk it without the battery of course will the acohol damage the amoled lcd or the camera or anything? if i dry it well will it come back to life or will the lcd digiticer permanetly dead ? HELP ME OUT HERE PLEASE
20th July 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 289

767 posts
Let's see. You knew you could not afford another phone. Yet, you wanted to test it by going swimming?

I don't know about the alcohol, but maybe the phone will come around once it's fully dry.

But regardless, I hope you learned your lesson here. Although these phones and some cases are supposed to be resistant, that doesn't mean we should be taking our phones in showers or going swimming with them around here. Every phone is not built the same, or how it should be, and someone's phone eventually was going to fail.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shortydoggg For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #16  
Flag 192.168.1.1
Thanks Meter: 98

351 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsong69

HELP ME OUT HERE PLEASE

A)IP67 cert = Dust proof / Water Resistant in 3ft of water for up to 30min. I'm guessing you went deeper than 3ft. They advertise splashes and accidental sink/toilet drops. It's not an active phone or underwater camera and nobody said or advertised it as such.

I don't wish your phone to be dead. The best thing you can do is NOT power it on and let it sit in rice for 48hrs. Don't be impatient, let it sit. You've continued to power it on shortly after the immersion so I would manage your expectations, It may be done.

Good Luck.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread