Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 48,295 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Mod][Directory][6/26][Messenger mod added] Infinity Mods

Tip us?

tp2215
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2569

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendindisguise View Post
Like a newb I over wrote the original apk and now messaging is completely gone and the modified one will not install. And I did not create a backup of the original apk.
Did you reboot after you over wrote it?
My Current Projects::

<------ If you like my work please hit thanks or donate!
My Devices::
Samsung Galaxy S5 -
Samsung Galaxy S3 - B&N Nook Color (Modified)
My Threads::
The Ultimate Android Ported Apps Directory!
T-Mobile Galaxy S5 Tips And Tricks Thread

legendindisguise
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp2215 View Post
Did you reboot after you over wrote it?
That is the first thing I did. Messaging app was gone. I went back into the priv-app folder to the apk to try and install and that's when I get app not installed when it tries to install.

tp2215
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2569

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by legendindisguise View Post
That is the first thing I did. Messaging app was gone. I went back into the priv-app folder to the apk to try and install and that's when I get app not installed when it tries to install.
well if the apk is in the priv-app folder then it wont install regardless. It should show up in the drawer though as long as the apk is in the priv-app folder. Make sure that you only have one messaging app, for example, the tmobile messanger is SecMms_Blue.apk and the international version is named SecMms.apk. Both of them should work on either device regardless of the name but make sure that there in only one and that they both arent there. Also, the app is deodexed so make sure that there is not a SecMms.odex or SecMms_Blue.odex file in the priv-app folder either.

Samsung Galaxy S5 -

legendindisguise
Old
(Last edited by legendindisguise; 14th July 2014 at 03:52 AM.) Reason: More questions
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
well if the apk is in the priv-app folder then it wont install regardless. It should show up in the drawer though as long as the apk is in the priv-app folder. Make sure that you only have one messaging app, for example, the tmobile messanger is SecMms_Blue.apk and the international version is named SecMms.apk. Both of them should work on either device regardless of the name but make sure that there in only one and that they both arent there. Also, the app is deodexed so make sure that there is not a SecMms.odex or SecMms_Blue.odex file in the priv-app folder either.
Thank you for the quick responses and information. The stock .odex is still there. I'm thinking this is my issue then. Thanks again.

I'm back again. I removed the SecMMS_blue.odex to another location and I still do not have messaging. At this point is there anyway to even get stock messaging back since I over wrote the original apk with the modified?

seanvree
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Thanks for your great work on this.

I was using the blacked out version, but recently switched to the ultimate version because I wanted the lockscreen notifications. However after I flashed the zip I saw no change, so I pushed the APK manually and it worked however I get a FC after I send any SMS. I tried fixing the permissions, but still get the FCs.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to seanvree For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ktetreault14
Old
Thanks Meter 1071

DONATE TO ME
Would I be able to put these in my Note 3 port?

tp2215
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2569

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktetreault14 View Post
Would I be able to put these in my Note 3 port?
Most of them should work on the note 3 if you are running the latest 4.4.2 update. In my experience they are actually extremely identical if not the same frameworks with certain features added or removed.

Samsung Galaxy S5 -

ktetreault14
Old
Thanks Meter 1071

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Most of them should work on the note 3 if you are running the latest 4.4.2 update. In my experience they are actually extremely identical if not the same frameworks with certain features added or removed.
I have a s5 port for note 3