Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.0+] Video Repair

Tip us?

iwobanas
Old
(Last edited by iwobanas; 21st June 2014 at 03:23 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Video [APP][4.0+] Video Repair

Has your phone battery ever died during video recording and you ended up with the unplayable file?
If so, Video Repair is for your!

Video Repair allows easy recovery of corrupted MP4 files recorded with Android devices. At the moment it supports H264, AAC and MPEG4-SP (the last one is rather slow). If other codecs turn out to be popular Iíll implement it as well. If your recording got interrupted and youíre getting "Can't play this video." error message when trying to open the video Video Repair should be able to fix it. All you need is another working video file recorded using the same camera settings which can be used as reference. Video Repair will attempt to automatically pick the reference file.

Video Repair doesnít support fixing or transoding of videos downloaded from the internet or recorded with other devices.

This app is a work-in-progress.
The UI isnít polished yet but the main functionality is stable.
I successfully recovered couple video files recorded on different devices (luckily all my devices used H264/AAC codecs). I wanted to release it asap so that I can get your feedback and judge what are the common problems with broken files.

Video Repair is now free on Google Play !
Support the development of this app by in-app purchase.

Please post your feedback below.
If your video can't be recovered by current version of Video Repair and you're OK with sharing it please email me a broken video and another short video recorded with the same device to android.video.repair@gmail.com . I'll do my best to allow fixing of your file in future versions of Video Repair.

Smallprint
Video Repair uses unmodified code of JAAD library licensed under LGPL.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iwobanas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrtruckincowboy
Old
Thanks Meter 101
any future support for mp4?

Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk

iwobanas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtruckincowboy View Post
any future support for mp4?
You're asking about MPEG4-SP (mp4v) video codec?
I'm working on this feature right now. So far I managed to recover some short videos but there are still some artifacts which I need to fix.
Please send me some sample videos (two couple seconds long videos is enough) to android.video.repair@gmail.com so that I can ensure that your codec is supported in the future updates.

mrtruckincowboy
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwobanas View Post
You're asking about MPEG4-SP (mp4v) video codec?
I'm working on this feature right now. So far I managed to recover some short videos but there are still some artifacts which I need to fix.
Please send me some sample videos (two couple seconds long videos is enough) to android.video.repair@gmail.com so that I can ensure that your codec is supported in the future updates.
i took a 5 min video with my galazy s4.
it wasn't recoverable i believe. no pc program would do it. so thanks anyways i changed the codec I'm using.

Sent from my jflte using Tapatalk

iwobanas
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by theftie View Post
Works great. I consider to donate to support dev soon.
Awesome! I'd appreciate if you could leave a comment on Google Play so that others know that the app is a real thing.

jhoff909
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've a Galaxy S3 and it normally generates mp4 files but left me with a temp_video file. I "fixed" it with your app and on the phone the audio is "OK" I think but the video is maybe 1/2 time? If I play it on my PC with vlc media player, both audio and video are choppy and if I play it with the windows media player it's the same as on my phone - audio is the right speed but the video is maybe 1/2 time or so. Should my phone be supported? I'd send you the file but it's 1.2G or so... I could put it up on an ftp server if you like? PM me?
Tags
fix, mp4, repair, video