Thanks Meter 55
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Francisco, CA
A couple notes on hardware...
1) It is possible to replace the trim piece (that metalic looking cover on top that goes around the screen and buttons, has the Verizon logo), you can often find it on Amazon or eBay, but it's a pretty involved process as it uses a trimmed sheet adhesive. Probably not worth the effort, just put a case on it.
2) I got the Diztronic case that fits the extended battery. Fits like a glove, cheap (about $10) feels grippy and pliant, doesn't add too much bulk (still fits into docks).
3) You can get super-extended battery that's even bigger than the BX8 extended battery, but those often requires its own battery back, and thus no longer fit into docks. If you have no docks this doesn't affect you much, except those super-sized setup are too big to fit into belt cases and such, so you'll have to carry the phone naked, and the battery backs often comes with bad tolerance problems. I bought one and I had to sand down a lot of areas to get it to fit properly.
4) If you have the extended battery, your best option for belt case is... wait for it... a Mophie Juicepack Belt Case for iPhone 5, available at most Best Buys for $29.95. It's designed for iPhone 5 with the extended battery case by Mophie, but it fits the Bionic quite well. Your other option is order one of those (p)leather cases off Amazon. There's one that has the clip AND two belt loops for under $10, and it fits surprisingly well.
5) The best car dock is still the Moto NavDock.