ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q]Can rooting and flashing stuff mess up the speaker on a tablet?

OP pachi72

22nd May 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,211

11,662 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachi72

Um on 4.3 stock

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

There are currently 3 different bootloaders for 4.3. When booting hold down vol down and power - the bootloader version is in the top left corner.
22nd May 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 103

917 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

There are currently 3 different bootloaders for 4.3. When booting hold down vol down and power - the bootloader version is in the top left corner.

10.26.1.7-20131108

22nd May 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,211

11,662 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

10.26.1.7-20131108

There's your problem (or the most likely cause) Incompatible bootloader.

Now you have the hard task of upgrading to 10.26.1.18.

OK. I got it working! I had to install the 4.3*V10.26.1.18*bootloader from an externally mounted sdcard.

Here's a "cookbook" of all the steps I performed ...

1. Unpack the device and fully charge it.

2. Meanwhile, go to the ASUS TF701T download site (http://www.asus.com/Tablets_Mobile/A...pport_Download).

3. Select*Android*as the OS.

4. Select*Firmware.

5. Download this to my desktop computer. It's the TF701T unlock utility:*http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Eee...01T_Unlock.rar

6. Unrar the unlock utility file (TF701T_Unlock.rar). I got this file*0820-0954_SIGNED_UnLock_for_TF701_repart.apk

7. Download this to my desktop computer. It's the 4.3 upgrade with the V10.26.1.18 bootloader:*http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Eee...8_SDupdate.zip

8. Unzip the 4.3 upgrade file (WW_10_26_1_18_SDupdate.zip). This file was extracted:*T4_SDUPDATE.zip.

9. Copy*T4_SUPDATE.zip*to an empty sdcard.

10. After the TF701T is fully charged, boot it up.

11. Do the most minimal setup possible, without even connecting to my Google account.

12. Power down the TF701T.

13. Insert the sdcard with*T4_SDUPDATE.zip*into the TF701T's sdcard slot.

14. Hold down the*Volume Down*and*Power*buttons on the TF701T to boot into bootloader mode.

15. Using the*Volume Down*key, make sure that "RCK" is flashing on the screen.

16. Press the*Volume Up*key.

17. The screen will go blank for a few seconds, and then the Android icon will show up with the dodecahedron moving as the software installs.

18. After a few minutes, the device will reboot back into the OS.

19. Message boxes will show up, indicating that apps are getting optimized and that the OS is being upgraded.

20. After a few minutes, the system reboot will be completed and the system will be up.

21. Do the most minimal setup possible, and do not connect to a Google account.

22. Go into*Settings -> About -> Software Information.

23. Click again and again on the*Build Number*section until a toast pops up, saying, "You are a developer!".

24. Go into*Settings -> Developer options*and select USB debugging. I also unchecked*Verify apps over USB, although that might not actually be necessary.

25. Go into*Settings -> Security*and enable*Unknown sources.

26. Connect the USB cable from the desktop computer to the TF701T.

27. Received this notification:*Connected as a media device.

28. On the desktop computer, issue this command:*adb push 0820-0954_SIGNED_UnLock_for_TF701_repart.apk /sdcard/

29. Using*File Manager*on the TF701T, navigate to /sdcard/

30. Select*0820-0954_SIGNED_UnLock_for_TF701_repart.apk

31. Select*Install, then*Open, and then answer "Yes" to all prompts.

32. Device will reboot

33. During reboot, messages will appear showing that the device is unlocking, and the "Device is unlocked" message appears on the upper left of the screen.

34. After that, device will reboot again. At the upper left of the screen, the "Device is unlocked" message appears during the boot sequence.

35. When the TF701T reboot completes, redo the mimimal setup.

36. Power down.

37. Remove the externally mounted sdcard.

38. Reboot.

39. Go into*Settings -> About -> Software Information.

40. Click again and again on the*Build Number*section until a toast pops up, saying, "You are a developer!".

41. Go into*Settings -> Developer options*and select*USB debugging. I also unchecked*Verify apps over USB, although that might not actually be necessary.

42. Connect the USB cable from desktop computer to the TF701T.

43. This notification popped up:*Connected as a media device.

44. On the TF701T, confirm that debugging can be performed from the connected device.

45. Issue this command on the desktop computer:*adb reboot bootloader

46. Now follow the instructions in the first post of this thread to install the recovery and the cm-11 ROM:*http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2621028
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd May 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 103

917 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is gives me an error when I go into RCK and it tries to flash the file. Is there a way to adb force the tablet to update? I called Asus for an rma and they are gonna charge me probably a lot to fix the tablet.

Last edited by pachi72; 22nd May 2014 at 04:12 PM.
25th May 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #15  
Unhappy
Quote:

Damn you to? Wow.

hi there,
yes me too.......but Iīm sure itīs my fault, sdbags is wrigtht with "Simply rooting cannot affect the speaker - rooting installs two files and a script - that is it. " , I think I played too much with soundenhancers like->viper4android, fx music and on cm11 the dsp manager!!! It escaped my notice in wich configuration at last run correctly. I tried everything , I even formated every partition in the recovery mode!How ever ITīS MY FAULT , on my mobile phones all enhancers working perfect!!!Sound from my HTC ONE M7 +Viper4Android is awesome ......now I`ve learned that a "phone " is not a "tab"

p.s : anybody some knowledge in changing the hardware speaker on a tab???

20th July 2014, 02:39 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
same for me.

i used towerroot v1 to rooted my tf701f (still locked). and only have installed titanium backup on it -- then the audio is all distorted.

i have tried full wipe (using setting menu), and has since upgraded to 4.4.2 -- still no dice. My bootloader version is "us-epad-11.4.1.17-20140711".

Since my bootloader is still locked, is there a way i can do a full stock flash ? (I tried to download update/flash from asus site (US_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher.zip), but they do not work)

thanks
20th July 2014, 08:36 AM   |  #17  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,005

3,041 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo665

same for me.

i used towerroot v1 to rooted my tf701f (still locked). and only have installed titanium backup on it -- then the audio is all distorted.

i have tried full wipe (using setting menu), and has since upgraded to 4.4.2 -- still no dice. My bootloader version is "us-epad-11.4.1.17-20140711".

Since my bootloader is still locked, is there a way i can do a full stock flash ? (I tried to download update/flash from asus site (US_epaduser_10_26_1_18_UpdateLauncher.zip), but they do not work)

thanks

Rooting is not going to have any effect on the speaker. That's most likely a hardware problem.

You are on 4.4.2 and Asus has not posted that firmware on their website yet. The file you downloaded is JB 4.3. If you want to flash it, you have to unzip it once, resulting in another zip. It's that xxxx...user.zip you need to copy to the root of your SD. But that would be a downgrade at this point. Make sure you got the correct SKU or it won't work.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread