Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,490 Members 40,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best green laser pointes for astronomy?

Tip us?

sdsdsaa
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Best green laser pointes for astronomy?

Hey guys I get into astronomy earlier this month. I need a good and visible green laser for astronomy use. I owned this .... green laser pointer astronomy .... but it is too weak for me to see the beam even in the dark. Just wonder if anyone here can recommend to me a good laser pointer? Thanks pointeurlasers.com/laser-astronomie.html

bosummer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsdsaa View Post
Hey guys I get into astronomy earlier this month. I need a good and visible green laser for astronomy use. I owned this .... green laser pointer astronomy .... but it is too weak for me to see the beam even in the dark. Just wonder if anyone here can recommend to me a good laser pointer? Thanks pointeurlasers.com/laser-astronomie.html
I have joined an astronomy club and we all used low powered 5mW green laser pointer. It is very special green laser pointer, which is able to project light directly from 515nm laser diode. It is able to project more visible and bright light in astronomy stargazing. It might be help to you.

Kobro
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Well first off, what has this got to do with xda? second, i bought and use this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3PCS-5mw-Red...item5d37e18d1f
the green one is very good, beam is visible most of the time, the red one is also visible beam, but only at night, the purple one is only visible at very dark places, the red one will work at night in a city, the purple one won't. they are all cool, though.
Press Thanks if i helped!

The Eleventh Commandment- "Thou hast not to like it, thou hast just to do it."

Sign up to Copy.com using this link, and we both get an extra 5gb of free cloud!
https://copy.com?r=1txCqp

bosummer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 5mW astronomy green laser pointer

I joined an astronomy club for several years. High powered green laser can be hazard to human eyes, and we only use low powered 5mW green laser pointer for night time stargazing and celestial observations.

Green laser pointer has made perfect observation result at night.