Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,909 Members 49,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to get the htc one m8 back to s-on

Tip us?

justein
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default At&t 1.58.502.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
Yes. If you're certain it's stock then go ahead. Just remember you have been warned so on your head be it
I have this version of software for AT&T, and I would like to know: If I remove tampered flag and reset to locked and S-ON and then restore using a SIGNED RUU EXE FILE for this software version, will I be ok (as in not get a security warning and look 100% stock)?

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2881
Quote:
Originally Posted by justein View Post
I have this version of software for AT&T, and I would like to know: If I remove tampered flag and reset to locked and S-ON and then restore using a SIGNED RUU EXE FILE for this software version, will I be ok (as in not get a security warning and look 100% stock)?
If you have the RUU just run it, you don't have to relock or anything unless you want to - just don't go back to S-ON as it's not required
HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: 1.54.401.10 (KOT49H) | HBOOT: 3.16.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.16.2133156.UA15G_20.18m.4096.07L | Kernel: Stock | CID: HTC__001

OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB *** PENDING ***

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required)

justein
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
If you have the RUU just run it, you don't have to relock or anything unless you want to - just don't go back to S-ON as it's not required
Will they service the phone if it is S-OFF?

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2881
Quote:
Originally Posted by justein View Post
Will they service the phone if it is S-OFF?
Never been an issue in the UK but can't comment on other countries. If you wish to S-ON the unit only do so after running the RUU as you'll then know for certain you have a 100% stock system
HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: 1.54.401.10 (KOT49H) | HBOOT: 3.16.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.16.2133156.UA15G_20.18m.4096.07L | Kernel: Stock | CID: HTC__001

OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB *** PENDING ***

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required)

justein
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Never been an issue in the UK but can't comment on other countries. If you wish to S-ON the unit only do so after running the RUU as you'll then know for certain you have a 100% stock system
I updated to this RUU before flashing TWRP, so if I lock the bootloader and then run the RUU, can I run fastboot writesecureflag 3 with a locked bootloader once I restore the RUU?

Jase Winter
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks for the guide, returned my phone completely to stock (selling the phone and going back to a nexus) including s-on, all went just fine.