Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [HARDBRICK] LG G Pad 8.3 V500 after Swapper 2

OP wisnusewu

25th June 2014, 09:35 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
I feel for the OP, as I too, have hard bricked my tablet when I tried creating a swap partition via swapper. In my case, all black screen, no response when I try to power on the device, no nothing....

The only sign of life, is that when I connect the tablet to the computer via USB,i hear 2 faint beeps but then nothing....

Does anyone have any recommendations, apart from replacing the motherboard? I find it a bit too expensive, as its almost 2/3rds the price of a brand new tablet.

Does anyone know if JTAG will work on the LG G Pad 8.3? Also if anyone can recommend someone who can fix it, for a fee ofcourse , please feel free to PM me. Thanks
25th June 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #12  
Flag UK - Live in UAE
Thanks Meter: 59

525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarod004

I feel for the OP, as I too, have hard bricked my tablet when I tried creating a swap partition via swapper. In my case, all black screen, no response when I try to power on the device, no nothing....

The only sign of life, is that when I connect the tablet to the computer via USB,i hear 2 faint beeps but then nothing....

Does anyone have any recommendations, apart from replacing the motherboard? I find it a bit too expensive, as its almost 2/3rds the price of a brand new tablet.

Does anyone know if JTAG will work on the LG G Pad 8.3? Also if anyone can recommend someone who can fix it, for a fee ofcourse , please feel free to PM me. Thanks

u mean USB Jig?? i don't know, I've seen a video earlier that it work with lg too... its made for samsung by the way...

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Jhon998; 25th June 2014 at 02:25 PM.
25th June 2014, 03:33 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon998

u mean USB Jig?? i don't know, I've seen a video earlier that it work with lg too... its made for samsung by the way...

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Nope. I mean jtag, a device that is soldered onto the chip and hardcode data directly into it. You can use it to restore a hard brick. i think i saw from somewhere that the jig wont work. But i think Jtag will stand a chance.
26th June 2014, 09:54 AM   |  #14  
Flag UK - Live in UAE

525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarod004

Nope. I mean jtag, a device that is soldered onto the chip and hardcode data directly into it. You can use it to restore a hard brick. i think i saw from somewhere that the jig wont work. But i think Jtag will stand a chance.

is it easy to get your hands on?
16th July 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
After I change the logicboard, everything works fine again to stock 4.4.2. The only downside is now my G Pad screen doesn't stick with the back part of the G Pad because of the teardown.
19th July 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #16  
Flag UK - Live in UAE

525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisnusewu

After I change the logicboard, everything works fine again to stock 4.4.2. The only downside is now my G Pad screen doesn't stick with the back part of the G Pad because of the teardown.

don't you have a case to stick em up?

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisnusewu

You can however reach the ports? headphone and USB?
20th July 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
headphone and usb are fine. It's just the bottom corners of the screen now slightly lifted up because cannot stick with the back.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread