FORUMS

SuperSU Beta Updates With Minor Fix For Galaxy S6

ChainFire’s root permissions app SuperSU has updated to v.2.49 to fix audits on … more

LG G4 Day Event Coverage: Specs, Features, Design & More!

LG has been teasing us with a countdown for a while now, and today it reached … more

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] [HARDBRICK] LG G Pad 8.3 V500 after Swapper 2

25th June 2014, 08:35 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I feel for the OP, as I too, have hard bricked my tablet when I tried creating a swap partition via swapper. In my case, all black screen, no response when I try to power on the device, no nothing....

The only sign of life, is that when I connect the tablet to the computer via USB,i hear 2 faint beeps but then nothing....

Does anyone have any recommendations, apart from replacing the motherboard? I find it a bit too expensive, as its almost 2/3rds the price of a brand new tablet.

Does anyone know if JTAG will work on the LG G Pad 8.3? Also if anyone can recommend someone who can fix it, for a fee ofcourse , please feel free to PM me. Thanks
 
 
25th June 2014, 12:24 PM |#12  
Jhon998's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag UK - Live in UAE
Thanks Meter: 78
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarod004

I feel for the OP, as I too, have hard bricked my tablet when I tried creating a swap partition via swapper. In my case, all black screen, no response when I try to power on the device, no nothing....

The only sign of life, is that when I connect the tablet to the computer via USB,i hear 2 faint beeps but then nothing....

Does anyone have any recommendations, apart from replacing the motherboard? I find it a bit too expensive, as its almost 2/3rds the price of a brand new tablet.

Does anyone know if JTAG will work on the LG G Pad 8.3? Also if anyone can recommend someone who can fix it, for a fee ofcourse , please feel free to PM me. Thanks

u mean USB Jig?? i don't know, I've seen a video earlier that it work with lg too... its made for samsung by the way...

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Jhon998; 25th June 2014 at 01:25 PM.
25th June 2014, 02:33 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon998

u mean USB Jig?? i don't know, I've seen a video earlier that it work with lg too... its made for samsung by the way...

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk


Nope. I mean jtag, a device that is soldered onto the chip and hardcode data directly into it. You can use it to restore a hard brick. i think i saw from somewhere that the jig wont work. But i think Jtag will stand a chance.
26th June 2014, 08:54 AM |#14  
Jhon998's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag UK - Live in UAE
Thanks Meter: 78
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarod004

Nope. I mean jtag, a device that is soldered onto the chip and hardcode data directly into it. You can use it to restore a hard brick. i think i saw from somewhere that the jig wont work. But i think Jtag will stand a chance.

is it easy to get your hands on?
16th July 2014, 07:19 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
After I change the logicboard, everything works fine again to stock 4.4.2. The only downside is now my G Pad screen doesn't stick with the back part of the G Pad because of the teardown.
19th July 2014, 09:45 PM |#16  
Jhon998's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag UK - Live in UAE
Thanks Meter: 78
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisnusewu

After I change the logicboard, everything works fine again to stock 4.4.2. The only downside is now my G Pad screen doesn't stick with the back part of the G Pad because of the teardown.

don't you have a case to stick em up?

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisnusewu

After I change the logicboard, everything works fine again to stock 4.4.2. The only downside is now my G Pad screen doesn't stick with the back part of the G Pad because of the teardown.

You can however reach the ports? headphone and USB?
20th July 2014, 11:48 AM |#17  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
headphone and usb are fine. It's just the bottom corners of the screen now slightly lifted up because cannot stick with the back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes