Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 37,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [HARDBRICK] LG G Pad 8.3 V500 after Swapper 2

Tip us?

jarod004
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I feel for the OP, as I too, have hard bricked my tablet when I tried creating a swap partition via swapper. In my case, all black screen, no response when I try to power on the device, no nothing....

The only sign of life, is that when I connect the tablet to the computer via USB,i hear 2 faint beeps but then nothing....

Does anyone have any recommendations, apart from replacing the motherboard? I find it a bit too expensive, as its almost 2/3rds the price of a brand new tablet.

Does anyone know if JTAG will work on the LG G Pad 8.3? Also if anyone can recommend someone who can fix it, for a fee ofcourse , please feel free to PM me. Thanks

Jhon998
Old
(Last edited by Jhon998; 25th June 2014 at 01:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarod004 View Post
I feel for the OP, as I too, have hard bricked my tablet when I tried creating a swap partition via swapper. In my case, all black screen, no response when I try to power on the device, no nothing....

The only sign of life, is that when I connect the tablet to the computer via USB,i hear 2 faint beeps but then nothing....

Does anyone have any recommendations, apart from replacing the motherboard? I find it a bit too expensive, as its almost 2/3rds the price of a brand new tablet.

Does anyone know if JTAG will work on the LG G Pad 8.3? Also if anyone can recommend someone who can fix it, for a fee ofcourse , please feel free to PM me. Thanks
u mean USB Jig?? i don't know, I've seen a video earlier that it work with lg too... its made for samsung by the way...

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
Devices:

Phone: Sony Xperia Z2 Black LTE (D6503)>Locked BL>Stock 4.4.2>TWRP 2.7.1>Rooted.
Tablet: LG G Pad 8.3 (Wi-Fi Only) aka (V500) White>[HERE]LRS (2.5)(20d)>[HERE]AIC Kernel (Beta v.1.1)>[HERE]TWRP Recovery(2.7.1.0)>[HERE]Rooted.

Had: SGS4 Active i9295 Blue>SG Mega 6.3 LTE (GT-I9205) Grey>LG Optimus Vu (P895) White>Nokia Lumia 820 Red>Nokia 701 Silver>Nokia 7230 Silver>Nokia 3110 (Evolve) aka (Classic) Black.

jarod004
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhon998 View Post
u mean USB Jig?? i don't know, I've seen a video earlier that it work with lg too... its made for samsung by the way...

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Nope. I mean jtag, a device that is soldered onto the chip and hardcode data directly into it. You can use it to restore a hard brick. i think i saw from somewhere that the jig wont work. But i think Jtag will stand a chance.

Jhon998
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarod004 View Post
Nope. I mean jtag, a device that is soldered onto the chip and hardcode data directly into it. You can use it to restore a hard brick. i think i saw from somewhere that the jig wont work. But i think Jtag will stand a chance.
is it easy to get your hands on?
Devices:

Phone: Sony Xperia Z2 Black LTE (D6503)>Locked BL>Stock 4.4.2>TWRP 2.7.1>Rooted.
Tablet: LG G Pad 8.3 (Wi-Fi Only) aka (V500) White>[HERE]LRS (2.5)(20d)>[HERE]AIC Kernel (Beta v.1.1)>[HERE]TWRP Recovery(2.7.1.0)>[HERE]Rooted.

Had: SGS4 Active i9295 Blue>SG Mega 6.3 LTE (GT-I9205) Grey>LG Optimus Vu (P895) White>Nokia Lumia 820 Red>Nokia 701 Silver>Nokia 7230 Silver>Nokia 3110 (Evolve) aka (Classic) Black.

wisnusewu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
After I change the logicboard, everything works fine again to stock 4.4.2. The only downside is now my G Pad screen doesn't stick with the back part of the G Pad because of the teardown.

Jhon998
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wisnusewu View Post
After I change the logicboard, everything works fine again to stock 4.4.2. The only downside is now my G Pad screen doesn't stick with the back part of the G Pad because of the teardown.
don't you have a case to stick em up?

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisnusewu View Post
You can however reach the ports? headphone and USB?
Devices:

wisnusewu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
headphone and usb are fine. It's just the bottom corners of the screen now slightly lifted up because cannot stick with the back.