Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 51,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Waterdamaged phones

Tip us?

thormdac
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have to say: Stuff sony, this is my last xperia device I bought!

Counting myself to one of the reluctant ones concerning the water damage, I received a brand new one- see earlier post.
Using it for a couple of weeks I find large, relatively speaking, amount of dust accumulating between screen and case. examining it at a closer look I find the display sitting not properly centered.
So off it goes to the service center who return it as out of warranty due to alterations to the software!
yes, I unlocked the bootloader, but what the hell has that got to do with the misalignment of the screen???

I ended up selling the device and returning to apple.
Sony Xperia Z1compact -hello apple again!
Iphone4, 32GB, jailbroken 6.1.2
Iphone 3GS,16GB, jailbroken
T3232, rom SpaceJade 1.2.2 - WWE 0409 (Build 21889) Ultra Lite & Clean
P3650, rom: 3LIT3_VIII_Lite_WWE, radio: 1.59.46.12 - wife
P3300, rom: yue extralight - up for sale!

omaro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I shower with mine everyday. And i love the phone so far. I only hope I dont run into any water damage problems.

nutdevza
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
In Thailand Sony warranty void even you are not using underwater but using near swimming pool 😂.

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
APR 2013=> Jun 2014 Samsung Galaxy Y
At present Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.
If you want to see what the heck is this click !!!

omaro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
hmmm I shower with my z1 C everyday no problems so far. I havent put it in water yet.

I read something about squeeky back cover when pressing it? Min has a litte sqeeky sound when i press on the corner the simcard is located.

Should i be worried?

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

Btw i tested it in full water now and saw small bubbles leaving the grill from the speaker ��.

Another theory I have regarding leaks could be if u expose it to cold water. As rubber becomes hard and contracts when cold opposed to hot Water where it expand and fill the coverings??

samreedy
Old
Thanks Meter 2
well an update...

after initially going into phones 4 u they fobbed my off and basically said that the flaps were probably open...

went down to sony they said phones 4 u should fix it and they gave me the phone number for the sony repair guys

went to orange and they said phones 4 u should fix it

so sent it off to sony, and sent p4u a nasty email

got an email saying phone was faulty and have since received a new one

happy days

Schlengge
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I would never ever put water on my phone with intention. Especially not with unlocked bootloader. Sure, they say its water proof but I see this as a protection against unlucky situations.
Never understood people who put their phone into the water just to see if it works...

omaro
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlengge View Post
I would never ever put water on my phone with intention. Especially not with unlocked bootloader. Sure, they say its water proof but I see this as a protection against unlucky situations.
Never understood people who put their phone into the water just to see if it works...
Lol that's the main reason I bought this phone along with its beast specs at its small size.

crazyscow
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I had water damage after I got it back from RMA'ing it. I never had so many problems with a phone, like this phone.
The first reason I RMAed it was because the vibration motor broke and my earpiece was whistling, and it was hard to understand phone calls. Also the plastic frame had a gap right where the magnet charger went. I thought to myself this cannot be waterproof if it has like a 1 mm gap. Thats when i send it to sony, instead of replacing it they glued it back together and said they fixed everything, so i was surprised they didnt just give me a new one, but i was glad they replaced the flaws instead of giving me another one that might have new flaws. That process took 1 months tho. After having my phone back i wanted to test if its waterproof. I wish, after 15 hrs I had to return it again, and now i have to wait another 4 weeks to get it back. I really hope they give me a new one, so i can sell it and buy something else.
Its an awesome size and the specs are good, but sony really needs to focus on their releases before they start planning their next devices, if they want to survive in this diverse market.
Devices:
Sony D5503
Asus Nexus 7 (2012)

adryanodej
Old
Thanks Meter 55
I was on vacation and i swim in the pool seven days in a row and the phone works perfectly (not continuosly) ) ... I made dozens of photos and video underwater and everything is ok. I am very happy with the phone .. The main reason I bought it is that it can `filming underwater and has top specifications for a compact.
Sorry for my english
Last devices: Xperia arc S --> Xperia S --> Xperia SP --> Xperia ZR --> Xperia Z1 --> Xperia Z1 Compact