Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,788 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mirrorlink, Car app with Alpine ICS. NO Audio! (Drivelink)

Tip us?

bda714
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default M8: mirror link

Thank you everyone for the information, looks like I had given up to early on this post.... Whoops! I have learned a couple things since my original post, one that with an audio cable plugged in to the auxiliary jack via a1/8 in audio plug, the audio kicks on briefly, than right back off again.... Such a tease. And by briefly I mean half a second. The other thing I have gotten figured out is that through Google plus, hang outs app, the audio works perfectly!!! I am able to make video calls and view the person I am talking to and also hear them on the head unit (ICS-X7hd).... This leads me to believe that the post by the Alpine rep earlier in this thread may not be completely true. If the sound works for this one app and comes on briefly with the auxiliary and usb plugged in it seems like the phone is making all the correct connections but the head unit isn't knowing where to look for it. Regardless I know that at least in the case of the Alpine ICS-X7hd a firmware update is long over due.
Also when you plug in a galaxy SIII, the head unit brings up like three current nutrition options including navigation, the M8 only brings forward the mirror link...
Thanks again for all the reply's. Let's keep this thread alive in search for an answer, and if you haven't yet, get on the phone or email and rattle some cages, call alpine, call HTC, call Sony... call Obama! Someone needs to fix this, it's not right to spend over a thousand dollars in devices that don't function the way they are advertised to!!!

AndrewAmazed
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bda714 View Post
Thank you everyone for the information, looks like I had given up to early on this post.... Whoops! I have learned a couple things since my original post, one that with an audio cable plugged in to the auxiliary jack via a1/8 in audio plug, the audio kicks on briefly, than right back off again.... Such a tease. And by briefly I mean half a second. The other thing I have gotten figured out is that through Google plus, hang outs app, the audio works perfectly!!! I am able to make video calls and view the person I am talking to and also hear them on the head unit (ICS-X7hd).... This leads me to believe that the post by the Alpine rep earlier in this thread may not be completely true. If the sound works for this one app and comes on briefly with the auxiliary and usb plugged in it seems like the phone is making all the correct connections but the head unit isn't knowing where to look for it. Regardless I know that at least in the case of the Alpine ICS-X7hd a firmware update is long over due.
Also when you plug in a galaxy SIII, the head unit brings up like three current nutrition options including navigation, the M8 only brings forward the mirror link...
Thanks again for all the reply's. Let's keep this thread alive in search for an answer, and if you haven't yet, get on the phone or email and rattle some cages, call alpine, call HTC, call Sony... call Obama! Someone needs to fix this, it's not right to spend over a thousand dollars in devices that don't function the way they are advertised to!!!
Just saying but you definitely should have realized that the supported devices for mirrorlink are Nokia phones, Sony phones, Samsung S3 and the Note 2. It was only 'advertised' to function with these.
but anyways, I'm sure it'll come with the next few updates on HTC's part.

On the other hand, I believe there have been people who have reported mirrorlink working for them on the M8. So I'm not too sure how come you're not able to... My guess is that the ICS-X7HD doesn't quite support HTC yet?
Device: HTC One 64GB Dev Edition

bda714
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wink Re: thanks for your two cents but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAmazed View Post
Just saying but you definitely should have realized that the supported devices for mirrorlink are Nokia phones, Sony phones, Samsung S3 and the Note 2. It was only 'advertised' to function with these.
but anyways, I'm sure it'll come with the next few updates on HTC's part.

On the other hand, I believe there have been people who have reported mirrorlink working for them on the M8. So I'm not too sure how come you're not able to... My guess is that the ICS-X7HD doesn't quite support HTC yet?
Your right, The ICSX7-hd does not support HTC, however, nor does it support Nokia, Sony or Samsung... It only supports Mirrorlink.... "Just saying" And for one, when I bought it, there was no reports yet on functionality with HTC phones, only articles and advertisements stating that it worked with Samsung's Drivelink app, if your phone is compatible with the Drivelink app... At that time, the M7(which was what I had previously), and I believe every other smart phone, could run the drivelink app without a problem, it wasn't until the recent update that it started crashing on any device not running "TM server". For two, the M8 wasn't even announced yet, not even close... So mister "just saying", in all your glorious realizing of helpful information.... You must have skimmed over a couple of things.
But since you are posting you are obviously trying to be helpful, right? So how about throwing up the links to those reports you know about. Go ahead and put all of them, since you know of people, as in plural, that are reporting...or were you strictly believing, and not knowing...? Guess I should have realized that too huh?

runandhide05
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2339

DONATE TO ME
So. I don't have a apline but I do have a ton of geek.
Can you grab a logcat when you connect your devices together and I am willing to browse the logs to see what/why it is failing. If your rooted on the phone do the following

Grab a terminal emulator from the l
Playstore. Open it type su allow permission on the prompt.
Then type
logcat > /sdcard/alpinefail.txt
This will start the logging press home softkey and connect the phone to head unit and try to do whatever it is mirrorlink or whatever it's called. Once u have it connected and still no audio close out of any apps disconnect from the head unit and open terminal back up. And press the volume up and c this will terminate the logging and save the file on your device and it will be labeled aplinefail.txt send it to me and I'm see if there is anything noticeable to help u out.

sent from(:::::
Tags
alpine, car audio/video, drivelink, mirrorlink, no audio