Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 41,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Guide] Unbrand HTC 8X

Tip us?

BrunoWestone
Old
(Last edited by BrunoWestone; 13th May 2014 at 03:44 PM.) Reason: More info:
Thanks Meter 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevanG View Post
hello Aaron, I have a question for you

have you successfully unbranded your verizon HTC 8X using this method?
I have this phone too and want to know if it will work.
I have only normal USB cable and is it possible to unbrand the phone without Y-cable?

thanks in advance
I can tell you for sure that works on os ver bellow 2.0.153.02 and higher than that it wont work.

for OS 3.xx and 4.xx the only way is Jtag the phone and Downgrade the OS to 2.xx (Also tested by me)

Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to BrunoWestone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smoogusdal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Phone Is this worth trying to resolve en error 270 when using romupdateutility

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmod View Post

Hi
i have successfuly unbrand my locked,vodafone branded 8X and flash a Stock HTC rom !
the process has been tested on PM232****/c620e Device & also 8S using different filename....
this process bypass the CID check like Wp7 goldcard & can also fix some bad flash/reboot loop.

Hi Xboxmod.... I am in a world of poo poo with my sons HTC 8x....
Its in a boot loop after upgrading (well trying) to 8.1
This is the bootloader

This is the story so far...
Via MS Dev preview, I updated my 8X to wp8.1. It had worked ok on my 520 Lumia and the extra features were very useful. So all updates and processes appeared to be going smoothly, but after the final install , end result was an endless Boot Loop, showing the White HTC boot screen for about 3 seconds, then restarting continuously.
Managed to issue a factory reset, but that did not appear to do anything, and the loop continues. Have not been able to get back into Factory reset mode since. I can get into Boot Loader & Flash mode, but HTC dont provide a mechanism to restore the ROM. Up the proverbial creek without a paddle. The Phone is according to HTC a US version (and later claimed it was a UK version) , and is manufactured differently than those in Australia, and hence cant be repaired here.... (hmmm... convenient argument for HTC) I had spoken to them regarding warranty for the headphone jack a couple of weeks ago, and they informed me I would have to send the Phone from Australia to Taiwan for a warranty repair and that would cost $100 ... I purchased the phone new off ebay, where the auction stated the phone was in Australia, would ship from australia, and warranty would be covered by manufacturer. (I have raised a case with Ebay on that, as they were the two reasons I agreed to buy off ebay ...anyway, it shipped from Hong Kong...... sneaky Bas**rds

Following a link by tung on winphoneviet forum....
I downloaded the Euro version rom and placed it into the RUU folder.
I put the 8x into Bootloader mode, and connected via USB to the PC.
I Ran the RUU (Rom update utility)
The phone showed a green progress meter at the bottom of the screen pretty quickly, and it got to about 24% within about 3 seconds, then the phone rebooted.
And I got the error 270 message – Image file corrupt message.

Phone is now continuing its endless(mindless?) loop.... opo61:
I tried the asia rom, and it also says error 270

So , its a sad story, and now I'm prepared to try about anything, as HTC wont help me....

Any thoughts appreciated...

brunonemer
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up Enable Tethering on Verizon 8X

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevanG View Post
hello Aaron, I have a question for you

have you successfully unbranded your verizon HTC 8X using this method?
I have this phone too and want to know if it will work.
I have only normal USB cable and is it possible to unbrand the phone without Y-cable?

thanks in advance
For everybody asking about tethering, I enabled tethering with my Verizon 8X, without flashing, just check this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52865932

I think it can be enabled for any 8X tehering-locked

Twentyfive
Old
(Last edited by Twentyfive; 18th July 2014 at 04:26 PM.) Reason: Adds specs
Thanks Meter 0
Wink Is it possible with any version of boot loader ?

Hello everybody,

I was just wondering if it is possible with my configuration system , to unbrand my htc 8x ?

I don't understand why is it so important to have bootloader version under 162....

Here is my specs :

"Nom : Windows Phone
Modèle : HTX Windows Phone 8X by HTC
Opérateur : Orange
Logiciel : Windows Phone 8.1

Version du SE : 8.10.12397.895
Numéro de version du microprogramme : 3030.0.41202.73
Numéro de version du matériel : 0002
Version du logiciel de radio : 2.126.0.D4
Version du Bootloader : 0.0.3030.0 (175731)
Version du SOC : 8260A"

It´s a french phone with Orange Carrier.

Thanks folk

lakyman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
did you made any updates on your phone ?

Twentyfive
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyman View Post
did you made any updates on your phone ?
Yes, i updated it on wp 8.1 preview (last update for dev)

lakyman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok i think that the update that you made on your phone with the preview have an effect to your bootloader version ! So as it is now you can't unbrand your phone because your version is too high ! Try to go on nokia care and ask them if they can install it for you ! Sould be like 30 euros if you really want to unbrand it of course !

Twentyfive
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakyman View Post
Ok i think that the update that you made on your phone with the preview have an effect to your bootloader version ! So as it is now you can't unbrand your phone because your version is too high ! Try to go on nokia care and ask them if they can install it for you ! Sould be like 30 euros if you really want to unbrand it of course !
Yes, I know that my boot loader version is now update. But Dolice at the 12 pages said that he success with an higher bootloader than what it was advisable

I believe that it won't change the process but I would like to know why you guys say that there is only some versions that are usable.