Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 45,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Discussion]Porting 4K & Timeshift video from Z2 to other Xperias

Tip us?

Luhccas-X10
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
install the latest version and superuser mod from Sejar's module. You can find a how to install in the FAQ in of the first posts.
Already have it.
The problem is when you use the camera for a while.

olokos
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1069

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyeon90 View Post
So can we get 4k & time shift video on 4.4.4?

Sent from my Xperia Z1
From what I've seen so far it works great on 4.4.4.
My work on xda and things I'm proud of:

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1069

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luhccas-X10 View Post
Already have it.
The problem is when you use the camera for a while.
Please explain it a bit more...

If you want me to reply then please quote my post or mention me by writing @olokos. This way you can be sure I'll reply.
Away on 2 weeks holidays where I barely get to use the internet there. Will be back past 02.08.2014

Luhccas-X10
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos View Post
Please explain it a bit more...
If i take some pictures/videos/timeshift video/4k and close the camera, use another things in my phone then back to the camera it normally show me the message "camera not available".
I'm on latest FW, rooted, everything running fine, no "tweaks" installed or any kind of modification. (in xposed i use just Serajr and Ultimate dynamic navbar. And tested with UDN turned off too)

By the way, thanks for your attention and all your efforts!
I just received my Z2 today and will sell my Z1!

play3man
Old
Thanks Meter 28
@olokos Do you still work on that mod for V or not?

olokos
Old
Thanks Meter 1069

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by play3man View Post
@olokos Do you still work on that mod for V or not?
I'm leaving to another country in 2 weeks time so I'm busy with other stuff right now, sorry.

play3man
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Okay

TheEndHK
Old
(Last edited by TheEndHK; 20th July 2014 at 06:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyal View Post
So far the only issues were

1. Steadyshot on 4k
2. Incorrect color reproduction of images.

For #1 we're pretty much stuck on this one. So let's just wait for sony to officially support this instead. After all they said a few months ago that most of Z2 features would be implemented on Z series as long as the device is capable. And we pretty much proved that our phones are capable of 4k and 120fps.

For #2 I was about to upload a new patch until 4.4.4 was released. So I hold back and updated to 4.4.4 first but luckily it solved the color reproduction issue(which was some driver parameter mismatch). So this got solved on the new firmware.

Only possible update right now would be if Xperia Z2 would also release it's 4.4.4 firmware and it will have some significant changes that would affect the mod. So as of now I don't think there will be any updates.
Since the software stabilization on Z2 is total new, I think we are highly possible need to do some kernel changes to use it or Sony does really implemented some new motion sensor in Z2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezvq...o&noredirect=1
Well, Z2 really ultra smoothing ....... Z2 vs S5 vs M8 in digital video stabilization test

Can you please update the current ver with color patch 1st? I think it is even more important for us who are still on 4.4.2...lol...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...2/post54215474
Z2 today just released the new ver(17.1.2.A.314) but it is still stuck on 4.4.2 and no one know why. Maybe you can check out any lib files changed or updated in this firmware for 4K and Timeshift.

vr2008
Old
Thanks Meter 37
is there any way to get official updates after installing this mod? I mean because of rooting phone.