Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Wifi issue related to root?

OP Dbrock1980

7th July 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #11  
Flag Lansing MI
Thanks Meter: 199

547 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadley1

Not that u want to hear this, but I had to replace my router for the same reason. My router would only pick up certain devices, had to do with hardware and firewall security settings.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

This leads me to think that perhaps the router (however old or new) may have a setting, or an actual limit, on how many devices connect to it.

If not that, perhaps if you rooted, and tried removing bloat, you may have been a bit overzealous and removed something related to WiFi and are now having this issue as a result.

I have only removed the list of apps and bloat that have been posted on Ricks Rom HERE. The ONLY problem I have seen since removing this list, was that I can no longer access PhotoVault correctly. Gives me an error saying that it has no connection to the database, but my 4G is working fine at the time as I was downloading via steam and streaming a movie, and playing a PC game at the same time...
7th July 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 12

128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrock1980

Hi there thanks for the reply. Yes i can connect to any other router without issue. The router is my Router Info:
Name N300 Wireless Router
Model F9K1002v5 (01B)
Firmware 5.00.15(Nov 1 2013)
Serial No. 12349GC2508237
Boot Loader 0.12

I use my tablet and other pcs within this wifi. It is under a different subnet as well. (i think so been a while since ive done any networking) The main router that comes in has the standard IP 192.168.1.1 and the IP for my router in my room (basically set up like this since my room is quite far and gets bad signal from the main router, Cable in -> Main Router -> Hardwire hooked into a port -> ethernet run to my room -> Connected to a port on the wireless router) 192.168.2.1. My ISP is Optimumn Online. My wifi was working fine until about 10 mins ago. seems to happen so often. I did change the security a while back to TKIP + AES on the router and made sure it was the same on the phone and it was working fine for days until like i said about 10 mins ago.

You have the right setup with a different subnet. It's possible the main router is assigning the same IP address that your router has to another device. It would be best if you picked up another router that has repeater capabilities and set it up in repeater mode. Also reserve an IP address for your router from the main router to avoid IP conflicts.

Another possibility is simply the wifi on your router is deteriorating and it's time for a replacement. I recommend the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 if you don't mind spending the $$$. If your on a bit of a budget the Netgear N900 (WNDR4500v2) is the next best thing that supports repeater mode.
20th July 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
well its been still working intermediary. I have to unplug the router and plug it back in then i can browse the net on my phone. idk if id like to lay out that kind of money for a new router. there has to be something else thats causing it. i set the router to reboot everyday, also my phone. its odd though. sometimes it works sometimes it dosent.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread