Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,885 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AOC Q70S15 Bricked

Tip us?

Belamigo
Old
(Last edited by Belamigo; 16th June 2014 at 11:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronron6665 View Post
... As for calling the number... No I haven't. I would have take the tablet back to the store but my wife bought it and lost the receipt.
Looking at the linked page, in addition to the company's '800' number, there are 13 AOC service centers in Chile, each with its own phone number and each with at least one technician? You don't need a warranty repair, just someone to tell you where to get flashing instructions.

If no luck in Chile, try contacting AOC in another country, where they may have better support for the 'Q series' of tablets.

AOC (Admiral Overseas Corporation International) isn't a 'shoestring operation'. The company dates back to its 1934 founding, in the US. Keep on trying, don't give up so easily.
Huawei U8510
M-Horse 9500mini
OS: Mocordroid/Linux 2.3.5 ('About Phone' displays 'Android 4.1.2') -
The Following User Says Thank You to Belamigo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ronron6665
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
I have also emailed AOC USA

Belamigo
Old
(Last edited by Belamigo; 16th June 2014 at 08:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Someone named 'Patricio' has a kernel for your tablet. You didn't say you needed that, but if they are working with your tablet at that level of complexity, this might be a source to find out why your ROM won't 'stick' after flashing.

There's also someone else, from Chile, working with your tablet's firmware. He also should know how to make your ROM flash 'stick'.

This may or may not apply to AOC tablets, but with the non-branded phone imports, it has been known for a manufacturer to keep the same model name but make hardware changes on later production runs. If you get an expert's flashing instructions and it still doesn't work, then look for internal identification numbers and see if that matches with the ROM's source.

As you may know, that match has to be 100% or the firmware won't work after flashing.
Huawei U8510
M-Horse 9500mini
OS: Mocordroid/Linux 2.3.5 ('About Phone' displays 'Android 4.1.2') -

ronron6665
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Yes Patricio has shared the stock images with me but when I tried to flash it it said that I need a rk3188loader.bin. I tried with a rk3188loader.bin from a ROM from Oma´s Pipo U8. It wouldn't go past the AOC Splash screen. So I flashed Oma´s Pipo U8 but it will not stay if I turn off the tablet. I don't know much about rk3xxx. I use too Samsung android. They are way different. The way the Roms are built and the way they flash.

ronron6665
Old
(Last edited by ronron6665; 18th June 2014 at 06:35 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default ???

I guess I need the rk3188loader for the stock ROM.
Does anyone know anything about flashing rockchip devices? Do I need a different rk3188loader.bin? Are they the same for all? I am trying to understand this.

ronron6665
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Patricio gave me a different parameter.img than came in the KitKat ROM and I haven't installed any of the apps that came in the ROM. I don't know which one it is but I can reboot the phone or turn it off and it turns back on. I think it was me deleting the apps I don't use in the system like google+ mxplayer ( because I use mxplayer pro) but it works 😁 thanks to everyone for the help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

necktru
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Hi, why do you needed the stock rom for this tablet? I have this and I'm looking for a ROM to install, I think this stock rom is very bad, too laggy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin

Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 - Alliance ROM JB TW

ronron6665
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by necktru View Post
Hi, why do you needed the stock rom for this tablet? I have this and I'm looking for a ROM to install, I think this stock rom is very bad, too laggy
I don't need it anymore. After I got the tablet to keep the ROM after I turn off the tablet. Now I am happy and don't need it anymore.

NeronFire
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Q70S15 firmware

Hi Patricio, I also have the Q70S15 and I need to root it, but I didnt find any backup firmware on the internet...the files you posted here are the ones of that tablet? If so,can you confirm please? Do you speak spanish, if so I can write in that language too.
Thank buddy, waiting your reply....