Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,054 Members 40,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[VIDEOS] How to Root, S off, & TWRP Recovery on the HTC ONE M8 & more to come

Tip us?

Tomsgt
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1409

DONATE TO ME
Android L video added to OP

CaucasianAsian
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm so glad I found this thread. Since the Verizon M8 has s-off and some decent ROM development going on it can buy this phone with confidence. Thank Tomsgt! +Sub
The Following User Says Thank You to CaucasianAsian For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Tomsgt
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaucasianAsian View Post
I'm so glad I found this thread. Since the Verizon M8 has s-off and some decent ROM development going on it can buy this phone with confidence. Thank Tomsgt! +Sub
Glad you like the thread

pie are squared
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If I get a verizon htc one m8 today can I still do all these things? I ask because when I got the verizon s4 before I got it I checked the forums and saw that they were full of talks about new ROMs and all that good ****, but when I got the phone I found out that all the custom recovery, flashing, etc only worked up until a certain OTA update and after that there was no way you could do any of those things. So before I order this phone can someone please confirm for me that recovery, flashing ROMs, etc is still possible if I get the phone now. thanks

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

silver04v
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pie are squared View Post
If I get a verizon htc one m8 today can I still do all these things? I ask because when I got the verizon s4 before I got it I checked the forums and saw that they were full of talks about new ROMs and all that good ****, but when I got the phone I found out that all the custom recovery, flashing, etc only worked up until a certain OTA update and after that there was no way you could do any of those things. So before I order this phone can someone please confirm for me that recovery, flashing ROMs, etc is still possible if I get the phone now. thanks

Sent from my SM-T520 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
You can yes. Instead of firewater, you may need to use the app sunshine to get soff and it cost 25 bucks. Worth it though to unlock your whole phone and do everything you want to it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silver04v For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]