Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FLASHABLE ZIP][KK] iOS emojis for your KitKat device!

Tip us?

erickr13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by singhpratik87 View Post
So from the link given above I downloaded the file under /system/fonts/AppleColorEmoji.ttf and flashed it via Philz touch recovery 6.25.0 and this is what it shows on my keyboard.Smileys Preview are missing for many but when i click on the question mark the smileys do show up in the message box .I deleted the applecoloremoji.ttf from /system/fonts on my phone,rebooted and i was able to see the default emojis that come with samsung keyboard.So anyone got any ideas why the smiley previews are missing on mine?I see a bunch of other files from the download link,would i need to get one of those as well?
Can you try using Google Keyboard? Also check if the emojis appear in other apps and not in keyboard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I will be glad to be your tester. Service is free

I just test ROMs for my "Current Devices" and apps. Feel free to PM me if you want me to test for you.

CURRENT DEVICES

Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Running whichever ROM I am asking ETAs in
HTC EVO 4G- Retired (Broken; If it gets to boot up again, it will run on DigitalKarma V9 2.3.5)

singhpratik87
Old
(Last edited by singhpratik87; 12th May 2014 at 03:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1490
Quote:
Originally Posted by erickr13 View Post
Can you try using Google Keyboard? Also check if the emojis appear in other apps and not in keyboard.

Yup i switched back to the Google emojis right after the iOS ones didn't work for me,all i had to do is replace the Notocoloremoji.ttf of my present rom with the google one ,also switched back to my default emoji provided by Samsung keyboard and they all worked flawlessly.Just the iOS flashable zip messed up something somewhere.

Edit:I'll try downloading a google keyboard on my touchwiz rom(i'm aware of few limitations) it poses and try the iOS emojis but to be honest I want to use them on Samsung keyboard.

singhpratik87
Old
(Last edited by singhpratik87; 12th May 2014 at 03:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1490
Quote:

Okay deleted the samsung keyboard ,got the google keyboard,no hiccups in installation,then flashed the iOS emoji zip file, opened kik ( i see them all no question mark on preview )and hangouts and i see the iOS emojis (in hangouts it takes over the google emojis which makes sense) but when i go into messaging app if i click on the smiley icon which is built into the messaging system i get those question marks again with only few smiley previews visible.Google keyboard smiley pop up fine in the messaging app.Attached are the images.So I think your zip file somewhere breaks/incompatible with samsung related emoji stuff be it messaging app or samsung keyboard but when i use the Google emojis on samsung keyboard it works fine cause the Google emoji i got hold of one only needs to replace the rom's notocoloremoji.ttf with the google emoji, fix permissions and reboot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-12-07-51-06.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	2738920   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-12-07-52-21.png
Views:	155
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	2738921   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-05-12-07-58-58.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	2738923  

erickr13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay deleted the samsung keyboard ,got the google keyboard,no hiccups in installation,then flashed the iOS emoji zip file, opened kik ( i see them all no question mark on preview )and hangouts and i see the iOS emojis (in hangouts it takes over the google emojis which makes sense) but when i go into messaging app if i click on the smiley icon which is built into the messaging system i get those question marks again with only few smiley previews visible.Google keyboard smiley pop up fine in the messaging app.Attached are the images.So I think your zip file somewhere breaks/incompatible with samsung related emoji stuff be it messaging app or samsung keyboard but when i use the Google emojis on samsung keyboard it works fine cause the Google emoji i got hold of one only needs to replace the rom's notocoloremoji.ttf with the google emoji, fix permissions and reboot.
Thats what it is! I made this with just AOSP on mind! I will try to make something that is compatible with Touchwiz ROMs. Thank you for trying my MOD though

I just test ROMs for my "Current Devices" and apps. Feel free to PM me if you want me to test for you.

CURRENT DEVICES

HTC EVO 4G- Retired (Broken; If it gets to boot up again, it will run on DigitalKarma V9 2.3.5)
The Following User Says Thank You to erickr13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

erickr13
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I have a question for you, how you manage to get Kik in black?

CURRENT DEVICES

singhpratik87
Old
Thanks Meter 1490
Quote:
I have a question for you, how you manage to get Kik in black?

Inverted Kik

Main thread

LiVeBeaT
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Will it be available to the TW 4.4 keyboard ? Seems really interesting , since most of the emojis on samsung's keyboard doesn't look exactly as the ones on the iPhone. (Different drawing method)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
FINALLY Galaxy Note II - DN3 V.4 RC2 Family .

RealMikeyTaylor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
We're having the same problem, anyway you got it to work?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

la_malacoda
Old
(Last edited by la_malacoda; 25th June 2014 at 06:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1287

DONATE TO ME
I can't seem to be able to download from drive.. Anyone would please share a mirror? Thank you

Edit. No problem, I got it now, and it's working flawlessly thanks!!

Edit2. I noticed that whatsapp icons are not showed into statusbar when a message pop up, but instead there's a quotation mark in a box. [emoji21]

frankfurt069
Old
(Last edited by frankfurt069; 21st July 2014 at 02:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 16
It works also on Xperia Keyboard.
Thank you i provide some screenshots in google search, snapchat and xda app.
And also one screeni of whatsapp notification.
But some friends told me they could see all emojis just a few if them.
They had iphones, friends with android seems not to miss any smileys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-20-22-49-50.png
Views:	36
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	2861920   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-20-22-51-48.png
Views:	33
Size:	224.6 KB
ID:	2861921   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-07-20-22-52-45.jpg
Views:	33