[Q] Need help! Soft bricked GT-I9505 w/ wirte protection enabled

26th April 2014, 03:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Today I tried to flash the official firmware on my rooted GT-I9505, but it failed along the way and now I'm stuck with the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue" screen. Tried recovering it using Skies but it couldn't connect to my device. Tried flashing it again but it now fails when writing into the device. Then I found out that it's write protected which I believe is the reason why odin could no longer write into it.

Is there still a way to recover my GS4 given its condition? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Last edited by kumagron; 26th April 2014 at 09:13 PM. Reason: typo
20th July 2014, 10:31 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Soft-bricked GS4 GT-I9505 LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumagron

Today I tried to flash the official firmware on my rooted GT-I9505, but it failed along the way and now I'm stuck with the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue" screen. Tried recovering it using Skies but it couldn't connect to my device. Tried flashing it again but it now fails when writing into the device. Then I found out that it's write protected which I believe is the reason why odin could no longer write into it.

Is there still a way to recover my GS4 given its condition? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have the same happen to me today, except mine is not rooted but I'm stuck on same screen and it won't start. Any solutions to this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Last edited by Boz2010; 20th July 2014 at 10:35 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread