Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,919 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need help! Soft bricked GT-I9505 w/ wirte protection enabled

Tip us?

kumagron
Old
(Last edited by kumagron; 26th April 2014 at 09:13 PM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Need help! Soft bricked GT-I9505 w/ wirte protection enabled

Today I tried to flash the official firmware on my rooted GT-I9505, but it failed along the way and now I'm stuck with the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue" screen. Tried recovering it using Skies but it couldn't connect to my device. Tried flashing it again but it now fails when writing into the device. Then I found out that it's write protected which I believe is the reason why odin could no longer write into it.

Is there still a way to recover my GS4 given its condition? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Boz2010
Old
(Last edited by Boz2010; 20th July 2014 at 10:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Soft-bricked GS4 GT-I9505 LTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumagron View Post
Today I tried to flash the official firmware on my rooted GT-I9505, but it failed along the way and now I'm stuck with the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue" screen. Tried recovering it using Skies but it couldn't connect to my device. Tried flashing it again but it now fails when writing into the device. Then I found out that it's write protected which I believe is the reason why odin could no longer write into it.

Is there still a way to recover my GS4 given its condition? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I have the same happen to me today, except mine is not rooted but I'm stuck on same screen and it won't start. Any solutions to this problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!