[ROM][E975]Kitkat 4.4.2 [stock]

Search This thread

Krusher1973

Feb 23, 2007
How can I revert back to E975? A lot of roms refuse to install because they think it's an F180 after flashing this rom, can't seem to remove this. I can however restore the CWM backups from other roms.

Last edited:

kt-Froggy

Sep 14, 2012
YVR
Samsung Galaxy Note II
LG G8
How can I revert back to E975? A lot of roms refuse to install because they think it's an F180 after flashing this rom, can't seem to remove this. I can however restore the CWM backups from other roms.
Seem to be several ways to approach the issue. Pick and choose what you like:

1. If you actually want to revert to E975, flash a stock KDZ. :)
2. Flash another customized ROM that is designed for E975.
3. Edit "ro.build.product" and/or "ro.product.device" in build.prop to make you phone identify itself as E975 (that's where the F180 comes from, so change it).
4. For any ROM that refuses to install, edit an install script to modify or remove the assert line that validates the phone's model.

IMO, #3 is the proper way to fix your issue long-term, and #4 is a backup option when some zip still refuses to install, and you just want a quick fix. For example, this is how I install PhilZ Touch CWM that is packaged for E975 (I have an F180). But keep in mind that you are bypassing a failsafe measure, so, if you screw up your phone, blame yourself. :)

Reactions: Krusher1973

iamterence

Feb 10, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Duno y yu guyz hibernating all those appa... :eek:... If yu guyz really don wan those apps, yu shud nt ve taken smartphones....!!

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.1.2
Or, you can intelligently manage your system's resources by hibernating unused apps so the thing can run well.

That's just like saying "If you don't want a million programs running and slowing down your computer, you shouldn't own a computer." No, you manage what to use and kill what's not in use.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk

Krusher1973

Feb 23, 2007
Seem to be several ways to approach the issue. Pick and choose what you like:

1. If you actually want to revert to E975, flash a stock KDZ. :)
2. Flash another customized ROM that is designed for E975.
3. Edit "ro.build.product" and/or "ro.product.device" in build.prop to make you phone identify itself as E975 (that's where the F180 comes from, so change it).
4. For any ROM that refuses to install, edit an install script to modify or remove the assert line that validates the phone's model.

IMO, #3 is the proper way to fix your issue long-term, and #4 is a backup option when some zip still refuses to install, and you just want a quick fix. For example, this is how I install PhilZ Touch CWM that is packaged for E975 (I have an F180). But keep in mind that you are bypassing a failsafe measure, so, if you screw up your phone, blame yourself. :)

1. Was not an option (well not anyway soon)
2. Did not work except for CWM backups
3. Every build.prop was having E975
4. Pointed me out in the right direction eventually. Never had to change it though, nor did I knew about it. But I'm eager to learn so I found out it lives in META-INF/com/google/android

Basically, all I had to do was to update CWM to the E975 variant (I used freegee).

So thanks, something learned :good:

Reactions: kt-Froggy

Krusher1973

Feb 23, 2007
All that to get back Cell Broadcast and working LTE (and switching to 2G/3G/LTE) and get back other issues :eek:

Battery time was fantastic though. Oh well.

alluebin

Jan 6, 2014
lohja
Hello paulicat, op. I appcreciate your great work, so I named my cat after you. His name is Pauli, and he's a cat. So. Here is a picture of him.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1405893589398.jpg
    1405893589398.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 552

Paulicat

Mar 12, 2013
Hello paulicat, op. I appcreciate your great work, so I named my cat after you. His name is Pauli, and he's a cat. So. Here is a picture of him.

Hahahahahaha, that is the funniest thing I've personally read on XDA ever!!
That is a great picture of an adorable kitty!
Thank you for the kind words!
For the record, two cats live in my house!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First things first, I hold no responsibility for bricked phones, you flash, you break, you fix.
    This is the korean kk release just slightly modified by me to install without the need to freegee after installation so you should maintain your current recovery.
    I trimmed it down by removing the Olleh branding apps and boot/shutdown animations. Forgot, I deleted the LG Music app because it stinks. Doesnt do gapless mp3's which I have a lot of.
    I replaced with AOSP music app with gpu acceleration enabled so it scrolls smoothly and plays gapless mp3's.
    No modem is flashed either, just make sure you are running the jb modem.
    Only other thing I removed was the root checker daemon because it was spamming logcat (rctd: similar to this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2267909)
    Don't expect a lot of support for this, its not my work, I'm just sharing it to try and stop all the problems that are occurring from the original zip released by Hoangnova whom all credits should go to.
    All you need to do is flash this zip and the latest UPDATE supersu zip, don't forget to wipe clean.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23487008491966757

Mirror provided by Liindberg:
    http://goo.gl/iRuRAI

Here the MusicPlayer
    I have the successfully install F180L rom into e975 with the tutorial using TWRP
    the only problem that was bugging me is.. why the signal always said 3G.
    it should be H+
    or in this rom they will be always 3G even when in HSDPA mode ?
    cause in other rom, other phone, when we're using HS carrier, the logo will change to H

other thing is *#*#4636#*#* seems like not working. don't know why.
    can any one here also confirm this 2 things. or is it only in my E975.

I modded the build.prop to make it "international version". Just flash the attached zip. You'll get the H signal and latin alphabet in dialer.

Hahahahahaha, that is the funniest thing I've personally read on XDA ever!!
    That is a great picture of an adorable kitty!
    Thank you for the kind words!
    For the record, two cats live in my house!