Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4/23/14][Android 4.3][UVUCMK7 Debloated][F2FS] Conch Republic Editions 3D & 3S

Tip us?

EdKeys
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi2155 View Post
Done, and will report back if I find anything else. Uninstalling Spotify already makes my phone feel a lot cooler. It was near unusable for the past few weeks anyways for more than a few start/stops.

For a while my wake locks I was noticing was tired to a cpu thread labeled "y.music.service." it was stuck there after every attempt to close every music app, ram clearing etc. Only a reboot was able to clear it. I'm not sure if that was in any way actually related to my issues but it seemed to always be present whenever I had wake lock issues.
Check your pm.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
Phone: SGH-T889
ROM: Conch Republic Edition 3D F2FS
PDA version: T889UVUCMK7
Baseband version: T889UVUCMK7
Bootloader version: T889UVBMD1
Android version: 4.3
Kernel version: 3.0.999

Jedi2155
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks for the PM.

After a 2-3 day test, it seems the wake locks have "mostly" disappeared since I removed Spotify. It still occurs occasionally though especially after I leave it charging at night. It seems that Spotify. I do have Titanium Backup set to run daily backups / dropbox syncs though. I'm wonder if that is triggering something in the file system to go haywire.

Problem might seem much deeper than the symptoms appear.

shane1diamond
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKeys View Post
Check your pm.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
I've done some searching but couldnt/didn't see an answer. Im coming from stock rooted 4.3 with updated bootloader and modem and stock kernel. After carefully reading and flashing, i am unable to enable wifi. Is there a fix for this? Thank you! My data is working like a champ just my wifi wont turn on.

EdKeys
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane1diamond View Post
I've done some searching but couldnt/didn't see an answer. Im coming from stock rooted 4.3 with updated bootloader and modem and stock kernel. After carefully reading and flashing, i am unable to enable wifi. Is there a fix for this? Thank you! My data is working like a champ just my wifi wont turn on.
Did you flash edition S - stock kernel, or edition D - devil kernel? As far as I know both S & D should give you working wifi if you have the 4.3 bootloader. This app will tell you what bootloader you have.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo
The Following User Says Thank You to EdKeys For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jedi2155
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I tried 5x to return to the S edition but got the Wifi issues as well during clean wipes. Couldnt figure it out so now I'm back on Devils Kernel this time without F2FS and I jave working WIFI.

Btw, Spotify works in Devils Kernel without F2FS although I still get the occasional wakelock forcing a phone shut down to clear.

The battery life when there isnt an issue is INSANE so....props for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jedi2155 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EdKeys
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 558

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi2155 View Post
I tried 5x to return to the S edition but got the Wifi issues as well during clean wipes. Couldnt figure it out so now I'm back on Devils Kernel this time without F2FS and I jave working WIFI.

Btw, Spotify works in Devils Kernel without F2FS although I still get the occasional wakelock forcing a phone shut down to clear.

The battery life when there isnt an issue is INSANE so....props for that.
I still havent tried Spotify. Have you read that it causes wakelocks on any other rom other than this one?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

shane1diamond
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKeys View Post
Did you flash edition S - stock kernel, or edition D - devil kernel? As far as I know both S & D should give you working wifi if you have the 4.3 bootloader. This app will tell you what bootloader you have.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo
I had flashed the s version. I checked my bootloader version using the app link you provided, I am on the newest 4.3 bootloader. I went ahead and just went back to stock. But I appreciate your reply. Thank you.