Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,632 Members 36,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon OTA 4.3 bootloader downgrade - MOBILETECHVIDEOS

Tip us?

hellsdr0id
Old
(Last edited by hellsdr0id; 20th July 2014 at 05:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Exclamation Making Things Right

Making Things Right

And trust me, I understand where you are all coming from. Let me make it a little "clearer" for you.

h311sdr0id went to prison for sharing proprietary and privileged information that was legally protected by the company he was working for. He wasn't doing this for money or for revenge, he just believed that wat these companies are doing isnt right and that when people purchase a device they should be able to do whatever they want with it. He has taught free online classes and hangouts with people wanting to learn how to build their own romm's and apps. He was the type of guy who would give you his cellphone number to call him anytime you needed help. And he did, and was constantly on the phone for hours helping users (from here) out with problems or learning how to make things.

He was talking to someone from here (XDA) and was trying to help them unlock a device (not this one). Well, he shared some of this "privileged" and "proprietary" info with this person and then either that user snitched on him, or that user told someone else who then snitched on him.

He also talked to a few others who were also privy to info like this from other companies and such. When he got busted and offered a plea bargain to rat out any those other people or his friends, he shot them down and took the heat for everyone else.

This isn't Facebook. Getting upset and throwing accusations towards my husband for trying to help someone out from this forum is not going to do anything but make him feel even worse.

I am sorry he couldn't personally come back here and inform you all when the Feds were trashing our house, taking all of our electronic devices, or when he got out on bail for 2 days and was trying to spend some time with his family (me and his children). And yes it does suck that he couldn't remove this thread before he was sentenced to serve a term in a USP, but he was a little preoccupied.

He was just trying to share some information about something that he believed was wrong (people spending hundred of dollars to buy a device that they cannot have full control over, locking the boot thingys). He has been a huge supporter of open source and consumer rights for a long time. He believes in all of this stuff, and he went to prison for it.

Posting your negative feelings or thoughts about someone who had dedicated most if his free time to this forum and helping others out isn't right. I see people have already informed you of the "only" way to do whatever it is your whining about, so please, just listen to them and leave my husband alone. Going down for something you believe in is the only thing keeping him going. I know he is more than sorry for any inconvenience he has caused anyone. He just isn't like that and he cares a lot about this place....

I am sorry for posting this in your section, but I just felt it needed to be said. His account (the h311sdr0id account) is hooked up with my computer so I can send him weekly printouts of what's going on and what new devices are out. And I have to sift through it all so that I don't accidentally send him anything that might make him sad.

J.E. (HD's Wife and Family)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hellsdr0id For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mattdiehl83
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsdr0id View Post
Making Things Right

And trust me, I understand where you are all coming from. Let me make it a little "clearer" for you.

h311sdr0id went to prison for sharing proprietary and privileged information that was legally protected by the company he was working for. He wasn't doing this for money or for revenge, he just believed that wat these companies are doing isnt right and that when people purchase a device they should be able to do whatever they want with it. He has taught free online classes and hangouts with people wanting to learn how to build their own romm's and apps. He was the type of guy who would give you his cellphone number to call him anytime you needed help. And he did, and was constantly on the phone for hours helping users (from here) out with problems or learning how to make things.

He was talking to someone from here (XDA) and was trying to help them unlock a device (not this one). Well, he shared some of this "privileged" and "proprietary" info with this person and then either that user snitched on him, or that user told someone else who then snitched on him.

He also talked to a few others who were also privy to info like this from other companies and such. When he got busted and offered a plea bargain to rat out any those other people or his friends, he shot them down and took the heat for everyone else.

This isn't Facebook. Getting upset and throwing accusations towards my husband for trying to help someone out from this forum is not going to do anything but make him feel even worse.

I am sorry he couldn't personally come back here and inform you all when the Feds were trashing our house, taking all of our electronic devices, or when he got out on bail for 2 days and was trying to spend some time with his family (me and his children). And yes it does suck that he couldn't remove this thread before he was sentenced to serve a term in a USP, but he was a little preoccupied.

He was just trying to share some information about something that he believed was wrong (people spending hundred of dollars to buy a device that they cannot have full control over, locking the boot thingys). He has been a huge supporter of open source and consumer rights for a long time. He believes in all of this stuff, and he went to prison for it.

Posting your negative feelings or thoughts about someone who had dedicated most if his free time to this forum and helping others out isn't right. I see people have already informed you of the "only" way to do whatever it is your whining about, so please, just listen to them and leave my husband alone. Going down for something you believe in is the only thing keeping him going. I know he is more than sorry for any inconvenience he has caused anyone. He just isn't like that and he cares a lot about this place....

I am sorry for posting this in your section, but I just felt it needed to be said. His account (the h311sdr0id account) is hooked up with my computer so I can send him weekly printouts of what's going on and what new devices are out. And I have to sift through it all so that I don't accidentally send him anything that might make him sad.

J.E. (HD's Wife and Family)
Hi ma'am... i am a new,user to the entire world of development and rooting. I have come here because i heard this site is the BEST and people are great and helpful. Which i can confirm so far. As you can see from my user info....im very new...i have been learning ALOT...i,own the,sch-i605 and cannot get it rooted. So i been ll over here asking for help and reading reading reading. Anywho, i have noidea what is going on till your post. I have done prison time and alot of it,because i didnt rat on anyone because i did what i did and i got caught. I am appalled that ANYONE would have the (edit) to talk nad on your husband. It sounds as tho he shared the feelings of us alll on here toward these companies,fornrestricting us and not,letting us assume control. I am,very sorry to know your without your love and your children are without there father. Everyone talking trash seemed,to of disappeared now. Your husband should be commended for being a DO'er and standing up for,his beliefs...because its what every nation is founded on. Please let him know that while i dont know him or know exactly what happened i commend him and now look up to him as a true BELIEVER and a DO'er not someone who,sits around doing nothing. Yes i understand laws are laws. But im,tir3d of there being more laws protecting money then peoples rights!!!!
FREE H311SDROID!!!!!
Tags
mobiletechvideos, verizon note 2