Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downgrade from 4.4.2 KitKat to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean

Tip us?
 
Sanctrum
Old
#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shardsx View Post
I took the plunge and used Odin to flash back to stock 4.1.2. The bootloader stayed upgraded to 4.4.2, but the ROM did flash back to 4.1.2 without any apparent and immediate issues.

I've been using the tablet for a couple days now and haven't had any problems other than the occasional sleep of death. Some people have reported charging issues with the new bootloader in combination with the old rom, especially with the device turned off. I'll try to confirm or deny that over the next few days.
I am the one having problem with charging with the device turned off after downgrading form 4.4.2 to stock 4.1.2.

I can charge the device only when it is turned on.

When it is turned off it still charges but the display is never dimmed/turned off… and the device hangs… so hard reset is needed.

If anyone knows how to fix it please help!
 
shardsx
Old
#12  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 49
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctrum View Post
I am the one having problem with charging with the device turned off after downgrading form 4.4.2 to stock 4.1.2.

I can charge the device only when it is turned on.

When it is turned off it still charges but the display is never dimmed/turned off… and the device hangs… so hard reset is needed.

If anyone knows how to fix it please help!
I also have this issue after downgrading, but compared to dealing with an inaccurate S-Pen after upgrading to 4.4.2, I would consider this a minor issue.

Avoid turning off your device or draining your battery so much that it shuts off (it's not really good for the battery to drain it frequently anyway). If you do have to charge from power-off state, let it charge for a few minutes until you can turn on the device, do a power off when it appears to hang, and then turn it back on, and then charge with the tablet booted into Android.
 
Sanctrum
Old
#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shardsx View Post
I also have this issue after downgrading, but compared to dealing with an inaccurate S-Pen after upgrading to 4.4.2, I would consider this a minor issue.

Avoid turning off your device or draining your battery so much that it shuts off (it's not really good for the battery to drain it frequently anyway). If you do have to charge from power-off state, let it charge for a few minutes until you can turn on the device, do a power off when it appears to hang, and then turn it back on, and then charge with the tablet booted into Android.
Sure. If I like 4.4.2 I would never downgrade to 4.1.2. Also I will not install 4.4.2 any more at note 8.0. However it is somekind heartening that I am not the only one with the same problem.

But I am interested in the real fix (eg. getting back to the previous bootloader version).
Samsung by blocking owners the possibility to officially downgrade their devices to STOCK firmwares and by doing so voiding the warranty is just violating my ownership rights to have the device the same quality of functionalities that I have bought! As 4.4.2 in my humble opinion is functional disaster in comparison to 4.1.2.
 
shardsx
Old
#14  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 49
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanctrum View Post
Sure. If I like 4.4.2 I would never downgrade to 4.1.2. Also I will not install 4.4.2 any more at note 8.0. However it is somekind heartening that I am not the only one with the same problem.

But I am interested in the real fix (eg. getting back to the previous bootloader version).
Samsung by blocking owners the possibility to officially downgrade their devices to STOCK firmwares and by doing so voiding the warranty is just violating my ownership rights to have the device the same quality of functionalities that I have bought! As 4.4.2 in my humble opinion is functional disaster in comparison to 4.1.2.
Sanctrum, I agree with you that I'd like to see a method to revert to the previous bootloader version, but as far as I'm aware (and I admittingly have not dug very deep into this) there are no ways to revert back to a previous version of a bootloader. Once you upgrade that, you're kind of stuck.

Still, it's a relatively minor bug to put up with in the grand scheme of things, so it doesn't really bother me all that much.

Good luck on your search, and please do post back if you find a solution!

Thanks,
S.
 
blackrose1
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 208
Join Date: Apr 2012
Am i right?

Can we downgrade from 4.4.2 Official to 4.1.2 Official?

How? What about knox?

Tell me step by stem.. Thank u..
 
User_99
Old
#16  
User_99's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 913
Posts: 2,190
Join Date: Jul 2009
Yes, flash with Odin. Knox will stay because 4.4.2 bootloader won't be downgraded with flashing 4.1.2
Device: Sony Ericsson xPeria Arc S -- Rom: CM10Hasty@10-11-2013 -- Base: CM 10 - Linaro/O3/BIONIC Optimization - GCC 4.9 -- Radio: 77 -- Kernel: 2.6.32.60
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-7000 -- Rom: Paranoid 2.56@20-12-2012 -- Base: CM 10-PA -- Radio: BOLT1 -- Kernel: Stock-PA
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 GT-N5100 -- Rom: Stock 4.1.2 -- Base: Stock -- Radio: Stock -- Kernel: Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to User_99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Monitor What Your Phone’s Camera Sees with Android Wear

Having a smart device strapped to your wrist certainly has its merits. A … more

Mod Lets You Have Stereo Speakers on Your Sony Xperia Z1 (Sort Of)

The stereo speakers onthe Sony Xperia Z2areprobably a relatively large … more

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more