Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S5 with QHD and Snapdragon 805 announced

Tip us?

sonyfan12
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizeGuyDezignz View Post
The G3 is a bust. I tried it and the screen is pretty much not even noticeable and LG introduced a lot of bloat and lag in the animations. The G2 ran better in my experience with it.

I am more than happy with my rooted and rom'd "regular" S5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
G3 have oversaturated, oversharped (halo effect) screen with bad viewing angles, bad contrast and distorsion colors
The Following User Says Thank You to sonyfan12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bill3508
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I was really waiting for the G3 but it looks like a rushed device at this point. Will wait for the 805 g3 or 805 s5 if they ever come out. Still happy with my s3 running cm11.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

N77NS
Old
(Last edited by N77NS; 18th July 2014 at 09:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Question hi

I have this program, but how can I check my phone to see the display screen...

ixon2001
Old
(Last edited by ixon2001; 20th July 2014 at 05:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 112
Problem with LG was that the G2 was & still is a good smartphone & it's cheap to buy now aswell, if they just upgraded it to the 801 and kept the 1080p screen to most it would have seemed like a tiny step so not worth buying.

Hence the QHD screen as it stand out feature for the G3.

What they should have done is held off, waiting till the 805 was more available, tweeks the QHD screen, added 3GB & 32GB internal as standard on all devices along with the removable battery & Micro SD card slot and they would have had a winner.

But instead all they done is try to get one up on Samsung, by rushing a QHD device to the market.

I have a Tab S 8.4 and the QHD screen on this really is superb, so if Samsung use the same kind of screen tech in the Galaxy F /Alpha or whatever they calling it & the Note 4 then it really will be a showcase for QHD.

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 10500

DONATE TO ME
Mod Edit

Thread cleaned

Please stay on topic , and if you have nothing good , or constructive to say , it is best to say nothing

Thank you

malybru
Forum Moderator

planoman
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Default Will this work on ATT LTE network?

I have seen a few reviews in the US that show this device working with LTE on AT&T? I might import this to use on ATT. I am ready for a new device and did not buy an s5 because there is no 32GB available. This model has 32GB in addition to the QHD screen and Snapdragon 805 which is designed for QHD screens. I had the G3 but returned it already. The heat buildup on the back and dim screen was not working for me.

http://pocketnow.com/2014/07/02/gala...alaxy-s5-prime
Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020,Galaxy S4 (32GB), Google Edition S4, S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB)
and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

algadeed
Old
Thanks Meter 1
yes , thats my future phone

chungdae
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Yes it does work with AT&T LTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by planoman View Post
I have seen a few reviews in the US that show this device working with LTE on AT&T? I might import this to use on ATT. I am ready for a new device and did not buy an s5 because there is no 32GB available. This model has 32GB in addition to the QHD screen and Snapdragon 805 which is designed for QHD screens. I had the G3 but returned it already. The heat buildup on the back and dim screen was not working for me.

http://pocketnow.com/2014/07/02/gala...alaxy-s5-prime