Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,638 Members 54,299 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

i9505 Downgrade to 4.3 and ROOT knox 0X0

Tip us?

RedPandaFox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbl5 View Post
Thanks, I think I'll risk it, will Towlroot would be the best way to root it without affecting Knox?
Im sure you have probably already gone ahead by this point but yes, that is the safest option.

For me, I have revisited here as I had an issue with my Allshare Cast dongle. I didn't have any 4.3 devices in the house to fix it (Note 2, 10.1, S4 etc all on 4.4), so I came back here to go back to 4.3.

The step 2 did fix the WiFi issue and am still impressed with how OP managed it all.

Will keep an eye out for any of his future work!

cefkiller
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Problem with BL downgrade

Hey body,

I want to thank you first for your great job, i followed the steps as described, my knox still 0x0, but when I get to the android platform, I can't make calls, everything works fine without any issue but calls, even receiving, I can't, the app just crashes and i need either to wait for a minute with pushing every physical button to get it back, or till the phone call ends, i cannot hear etc, i managed to get back my 4.4.2 and did the same steps again, but before i tested the phone after step 1, the wifi is not working but phonecalls do, and then after step two same hell, please i need help, my 4.4.2 I am using is the same one you had, and it's an I9505 factory unlocked, and thanks again.

Regards

RedPandaFox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cefkiller View Post
Hey body,

I want to thank you first for your great job, i followed the steps as described, my knox still 0x0, but when I get to the android platform, I can't make calls, everything works fine without any issue but calls, even receiving, I can't, the app just crashes and i need either to wait for a minute with pushing every physical button to get it back, or till the phone call ends, i cannot hear etc, i managed to get back my 4.4.2 and did the same steps again, but before i tested the phone after step 1, the wifi is not working but phonecalls do, and then after step two same hell, please i need help, my 4.4.2 I am using is the same one you had, and it's an I9505 factory unlocked, and thanks again.

Regards
I did have a similar experience last time I used this. I didn't bother reporting it because I thought it was because I had Knox 0x1.

With mine, it would crash the phone. Once you hit call, or attempted to answer the call, it would freeze and then reboot the phone.

cefkiller
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default knox you are making me crazy :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPandaFox View Post
I did have a similar experience last time I used this. I didn't bother reporting it because I thought it was because I had Knox 0x1.

With mine, it would crash the phone. Once you hit call, or attempted to answer the call, it would freeze and then reboot the phone.
Yeah I had this similar experience of yours with my other S4 knox 0x1 but a go back to 4.4.2 then to 4.3 SFR carrier and using another bootloader solved my problem, but in this one, just bought, I don't wanna trigger the knox that's why I am asking to know first what is the problem here, and what is the cause to that problem.