Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] EFS Backup

Tip us?

sefo1979
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] EFS Backup

Hi guys
Guess what? Yes that's right I have a corrupted efs folder from a bad flash, and my back up has disappeared from my PC. I've searched via Google and directly on xda and am aware that there is a proposed method to rebuild the efs but the tablet needs to allow adb access which I cant do as it wont boot past the boot logo and i apologize now if this has been asked previously and I've missed it. I've had numerous Android devices and flashed custom firmware on them all including this tablet so im not a complete novice when it comes to sorting them out however this time im struggling. So im throwing the following questions out there to see if you can help:
I can enter TWRP and Download mode

A: Does anyone have a backed up EFS that i could flash via recovery (is this possible/allowed due to it being a tablet and not a phone)?
B: Is it possible to force the tablet in its current state to allow ADB access?

Your Help will be gratefully accepted

Wurtul
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem.
Also been looking for EFS backup file. Flashed several ROM's but every time I have a bootloop.

Can anyone help?

sefo1979
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
bump.

sefo1979
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
is anyone able to offer any advice on this otherwise ill be putting the tab in the bin which i dont particually want to do

sefo1979
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
BUMP

sefo1979
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
does anyone have a backed up efs i can use??

jrc2
Old
Thanks Meter 217

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sefo1979 View Post
does anyone have a backed up efs i can use??
As far as I know, EFS contains the serial number as well as other device specific info so someone else's EFS might not work. If you can boot into recovery, adb should work then. If not, use Odin to flash the latest @Android-Andi TWRP recovery and then adb should work.

Sent from my SGH-T989
My Website (contains just my downloads for now)

My Phone: T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989
My Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113; HP Slate 7 2800

If I helped you, (or if I didnít and you are feeling thankful) please press the THANKS button!

If you would like to donate to me, please send me a PM.

sefo1979
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc2 View Post
As far as I know, EFS contains the serial number as well as other device specific info so someone else's EFS might not work. If you can boot into recovery, adb should work then. If not, use Odin to flash the latest @Android-Andi TWRP recovery and then adb should work.

Sent from my SGH-T989
I can get into twrp but have not been able to get adb access, I am aware that there is a way to rebuild the EFS if this can be done(would you be able to provide assistance?) I have tried refreshing both original and custom rooms but all get stuck at the Samsung logo as I belive the boot sequence looks for the EFS info at that stage.