Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 43,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NOTE 3 ROM] COLOSSUS™ 4.0.0605 for A116/A919 byCMahendra [5 Jun]

Tip us?

genesisalgor
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Default System UI crash, possible solution.

Hi dear friend, and Dev. I'm user of the Note 3 Clone who this ROM came from, also made a lot of changes in my stock Rom, zipaligned, init.d support and deodexed. But just like this port, or any other I still facing the problem of SystemUI continuous crashing when i can the "Recent Apps" menu, even remapping the buttons with Xposed and Gravity Box, don't solve the problem, sometime the error will occur, no matter how you flee from it. But now, i finally found a solution for the problem, to be honest this will not vanquish or solve the SystemUI crash, obviously something wrong on code of SystemUI.apk related to Recent Apps make the crash, this can explain Recent Apps sometimes don't show all apps too. So i found a solution to not need reboot the phone to restore the SystemUI, and the solution is with Xposed too, is a Module Called.

Recent App Cleaner:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-v2-0-t2734053

I've tried, the first time the SystemUI gave the annoying error, I've opened the app and tapped "Clean Recent Apps", the module cleaned all apps opened in multitask, and after that pressing the Button for call Recent Menu, the error is gone, and no need of reboot. Try out and let me know, I hope this can be useful.
The Following User Says Thank You to genesisalgor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cmahendra
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3892

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesisalgor View Post
Hi dear friend, and Dev. I'm user of the Note 3 Clone who this ROM came from, also made a lot of changes in my stock Rom, zipaligned, init.d support and deodexed. But just like this port, or any other I still facing the problem of SystemUI continuous crashing when i can the "Recent Apps" menu, even remapping the buttons with Xposed and Gravity Box, don't solve the problem, sometime the error will occur, no matter how you flee from it. But now, i finally found a solution for the problem, to be honest this will not vanquish or solve the SystemUI crash, obviously something wrong on code of SystemUI.apk related to Recent Apps make the crash, this can explain Recent Apps sometimes don't show all apps too. So i found a solution to not need reboot the phone to restore the SystemUI, and the solution is with Xposed too, is a Module Called.

Recent App Cleaner:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...-v2-0-t2734053

I've tried, the first time the SystemUI gave the annoying error, I've opened the app and tapped "Clean Recent Apps", the module cleaned all apps opened in multitask, and after that pressing the Button for call Recent Menu, the error is gone, and no need of reboot. Try out and let me know, I hope this can be useful.
Thanks for your observation and we know that this issue is directly related to recent app feature. There are more than 10 workarounds suggested by various users from various places, including facebook and most claimed worked for them too. I am glad it worked for you too. Using recent app cleaner to clear recent app drawer is suggested by few other users too. I will add a note about this in op so people can try this method to get rid of. Anyways thanks a lot.
Its my "WIN" & Revenging me will just prove you loser.
DON'T PUT STUPID BANNERS IN XDA SIGNATURE, SHARE ONLY USEFUL INFO
1) FAQ 1
2) FAQ 2
3) My A116-A117 Roms & USEFUL INFO LINKS

My teen kid Antariksh's Lite+Fast SuperLuminaL LG L9
DAD-SON Rock on XDA

>FLASH LG PHONE (OFFLINE FIX METHOD)
>KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL
>FASTER Root L9 on Unlocked BL
>GUIDE2ROOT L9 with Lelus method Locked BL
>Collection LG L9 ROMS, ROOT, BB, BL
>My P765 on V20D HK with India BB
>L9 CWM Backup

Tr9cko
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Wich kernel canal be flashed with this rom?

Thankkksss
Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9305

cmahendra
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3892

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr9cko View Post
Wich kernel canal be flashed with this rom?
Thankkksss
You are free to try any kernel, but the included stock kernel works better and gives longtime battery and still a good gaming and Total bugless experience.
****Please note Any discussion about other kernel should be done in respective kernel thread only. Not here. Thanks.
1) FAQ 1
2) FAQ 2

DAD-SON Rock on XDA

>KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL
>L9 CWM Backup

Tr9cko
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmahendra View Post
You are free to try any kernel, but the included stock kernel works better and gives longtime battery and still a good gaming and Total bugless experience.
****Please note Any discussion about other kernel should be done in respective kernel thread only. Not here. Thanks.
I only asked because i'm always losing my root don't know why.
Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9305

cmahendra
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3892

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr9cko View Post
I only asked because i'm always losing my root don't know why.
losing root is not related with kernel. reflashing rom after full wipe will always help.
Full wipe includes following steps
1) factory reset
2) flash rom
3) clear cache partition
4) clear dalvik cache
Reboot phone.
1) FAQ 1
2) FAQ 2

DAD-SON Rock on XDA

>KDZ EXTRACTION TOOL