Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,479 Members 47,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.4] Paranoid Android FINAL 4.4

Tip us?

rharshit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by xu3sno View Post
Simply edit build.prop > dalvik.vm.dexopt-data-only=0 and system@*.dex move to /cache. It works just fine on cm-11 and gain plenty of free space in /data partition.

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA Free mobile app
So it just links the dalvik to cache to free data space, is it?
What if, then, cache partition is added to data? Will have dalvik in cache plus the extra space left there in data

Sent from my Xperia M using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Press the THANKS button if I helped
This is not Facebook, Google+ or anything like that. There's no Like or +1 button here.
Only
THANKS button

Dovidhalevi
Old
Thanks Meter 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhar**** View Post
What if, then, cache partition is added to data? Will have dalvik in cache plus the extra space left there in data
This is not a simple symlinking. I had, in the past manually done it to sdext. Ran ICS this way for ages, but CM10 brought boot loops. Android is not very tolerant of these schemes, as I said.

The result is that system dexes get placed in /cache/dalvik-cache. User dexes remain in /data/dalvik-cache, Apparently succeeds in CM11, not in Omni.

The alternative of re-partitioning the nand would be much more difficult and dangerous than simply assuring correct implementation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dovidhalevi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xu3sno
Old
(Last edited by xu3sno; 17th July 2014 at 02:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhar**** View Post

No, it's not just linking, but moved all system dexes to /cache. I think you can't add cache partition to data as Dovidhalevi said.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidhalevi View Post
The result is that system dexes get placed in /cache/dalvik-cache. User dexes remain in /data/dalvik-cache, Apparently succeeds in CM11, not in Omni.

The alternative of re-partitioning the nand would be much more difficult and dangerous than simply assuring correct implementation.
+1
The Following User Says Thank You to xu3sno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marcomarinho
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3118

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
Thanks for using my sources but not mentioning me anywhere at all. As you certainly know, I have forked and patched some of the PA repos to make AOSPA run better on our ARMv6 devices and this took me some time.
Why I know that you used my work? You starred one of my repos some days ago and the build number in the Screenshot is hardcoded to "KTU84M" (should actually be "pa_p500..." and so on.
Think about it.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia S mit Tapatalk
So I looked to AOSPA-armv6, and I'm impressed I moved to armv7 phone, which should be better to work on. And we don't had an AOSP based ROM, only CM11 I must said this: Forum XDA won't ever had a team like this armv6 team. Such a well done job
Founder & Main Developer of PureKat ROM

HTC Desire Z - PureKat 2.0 - Optimized 3.0.101 Kernel
Nexus 7 - ParanoidAndroid 4.3 - Franco.kernel r97

Donate To Me On PayPal

WARNING: I don't reply to tech support questions through PM

Help this awesome dev porting Linux 3.4 kernel to Nexus 7 (Grouper)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marcomarinho For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rharshit
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcomarinho View Post
So I looked to AOSPA-armv6, and I'm impressed I moved to armv7 phone, which should be better to work on. And we don't had an AOSP based ROM, only CM11 I must said this: Forum XDA won't ever had a team like this armv6 team. Such a well done job
Yea. I salute them B|

Press the THANKS button if I helped
This is not Facebook, Google+ or anything like that. There's no Like or +1 button here.
Only
THANKS button
Tags
aospa 4+, kitkat, lg p500, optimus one, paranoid android 4 rc2