Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q][ODIN][FIRMWARE][4.4.2][i537]Odin files request

OP Devildude24

23rd April 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
328 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

Did you check the MD5 to make sure that it downloaded properly? My suggestion would be to download it with a computer, rename it to "update.zip" on a computer, copy it to your internal memory on the phone, and flash it through stock recovery. This should work, what errors do you get when you try to flash it? You're on stock 4.3 when you try to update, correct? In order to flash the OTA you cannot be rooted or have modified the system in any way.

Good advice and I'll further add make sure when you rename the 2400258.cfg that you have known file extensions enabled and then right click and highlight the entire file "2400258.cfg" and then rename that to "update.zip"
Trust us, this will work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd April 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #12  
Devildude24's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeuclid

Good advice and I'll further add make sure when you rename the 2400258.cfg that you have known file extensions enabled and then right click and highlight the entire file "2400258.cfg" and then rename that to "update.zip"
Trust us, this will work.




Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah, I tried that. I tried everything, literally everything. Like Samsung told me they couldn't help me unless I sent it in. (Probably just send a replacement or do a full reset with a new partition and data)
24th April 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #13  
Senior Member
Washington, D.C.
Thanks Meter: 397
 
1,171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildude24

Yeah, I tried that. I tried everything, literally everything. Like Samsung told me they couldn't help me unless I sent it in. (Probably just send a replacement or do a full reset with a new partition and data)

I'm almost positive you're doing something wrong since you're the only one that is having this problem. I know @jkeuclid has already walked one person through this process step-by-step, I don't want to speak for him but he'd probably be willing to do the same for you.
24th April 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #14  
Devildude24's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v

I'm almost positive you're doing something wrong since you're the only one that is having this problem. I know @jkeuclid has already walked one person through this process step-by-step, I don't want to speak for him but he'd probably be willing to do the same for you.

Thank you. UPDATE-

I checked, my Baseband version and Build Number don't match.... MF1 vs. ML2. So that could be presenting some of the problem. I'm going to try to find a partition file for stick 4.3 then rehash everything through ODIN and attempt an update. Any other suggestions anyone?
Last edited by Devildude24; 24th April 2014 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Misspelled partition (position....)
20th July 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildude24

Thank you. UPDATE-

I checked, my Baseband version and Build Number don't match.... MF1 vs. ML2. So that could be presenting some of the problem. I'm going to try to find a partition file for stick 4.3 then rehash everything through ODIN and attempt an update. Any other suggestions anyone?

Did you ever figured this out? I'm having the same issue. Can't update using the cfg file.
21st July 2014, 02:37 PM   |  #16  
xdafly's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Just my quess but the OP and others in this thread have possibly problem understanding relationship of Odin with Stock Recovery

If your phone is stock 4.3 and you have the 444 MB update renamed to update.zip already moved over to microSD card.....

See if this little video helps you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8TOJkBOZfs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes