Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,892 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][ODIN][FIRMWARE][4.4.2][i537]Odin files request

Tip us?

jkeuclid
Old
Thanks Meter 76

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v View Post
Did you check the MD5 to make sure that it downloaded properly? My suggestion would be to download it with a computer, rename it to "update.zip" on a computer, copy it to your internal memory on the phone, and flash it through stock recovery. This should work, what errors do you get when you try to flash it? You're on stock 4.3 when you try to update, correct? In order to flash the OTA you cannot be rooted or have modified the system in any way.
Good advice and I'll further add make sure when you rename the 2400258.cfg that you have known file extensions enabled and then right click and highlight the entire file "2400258.cfg" and then rename that to "update.zip"
Trust us, this will work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Samsung AT&T GS4 Active SGH-i537 KK 4.4.2
Towelrooted (v3) Courtesy of geohot
LG G2 (AT&T D800) KK 4.4.2 (Wife's)
Rooted via IOroot25 with Cloudyfa's AutoRec Recovery
bender_007's Reboot to recovery/reboot/poweroff widget

Devildude24
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkeuclid View Post
Good advice and I'll further add make sure when you rename the 2400258.cfg that you have known file extensions enabled and then right click and highlight the entire file "2400258.cfg" and then rename that to "update.zip"
Trust us, this will work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Yeah, I tried that. I tried everything, literally everything. Like Samsung told me they couldn't help me unless I sent it in. (Probably just send a replacement or do a full reset with a new partition and data)

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildude24 View Post
Yeah, I tried that. I tried everything, literally everything. Like Samsung told me they couldn't help me unless I sent it in. (Probably just send a replacement or do a full reset with a new partition and data)
I'm almost positive you're doing something wrong since you're the only one that is having this problem. I know @jkeuclid has already walked one person through this process step-by-step, I don't want to speak for him but he'd probably be willing to do the same for you.

Devildude24
Old
(Last edited by Devildude24; 24th April 2014 at 07:16 PM.) Reason: Misspelled partition (position....)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo7v View Post
I'm almost positive you're doing something wrong since you're the only one that is having this problem. I know @jkeuclid has already walked one person through this process step-by-step, I don't want to speak for him but he'd probably be willing to do the same for you.
Thank you. UPDATE-

I checked, my Baseband version and Build Number don't match.... MF1 vs. ML2. So that could be presenting some of the problem. I'm going to try to find a partition file for stick 4.3 then rehash everything through ODIN and attempt an update. Any other suggestions anyone?

xs2k
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildude24 View Post
Thank you. UPDATE-

I checked, my Baseband version and Build Number don't match.... MF1 vs. ML2. So that could be presenting some of the problem. I'm going to try to find a partition file for stick 4.3 then rehash everything through ODIN and attempt an update. Any other suggestions anyone?
Did you ever figured this out? I'm having the same issue. Can't update using the cfg file.

xdafly
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Just my quess but the OP and others in this thread have possibly problem understanding relationship of Odin with Stock Recovery

If your phone is stock 4.3 and you have the 444 MB update renamed to update.zip already moved over to microSD card.....

See if this little video helps you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8TOJkBOZfs