Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,713 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How-To] Moto G wireless charging (Universal Qi Receiver)

Tip us?

leyow
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubidu View Post
It does get warm, but nothing to worry about. For me there is not much difference in temperature between the QI pad and a normal USB charger
OK, thanks for the info.

Sent from my XT1032

SalvH
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone tried all this with the new 4G model? I assume it will work the same, right?

eclairs48@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got my charging pad and the film and assembled them via the micro USB port. However, my Moto G doesn't charge when the film is put inside the back cover. It works fine when I remove the charging film and put it directly on the charger.

I'm unable to make out which one is faulty. I initially thought the charging film is faulty, but it does exactly the same with my wife's Galaxy S4. Any advise folks ??

JCBomb
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclairs48@gmail.com View Post
Got my charging pad and the film and assembled them via the micro USB port. However, my Moto G doesn't charge when the film is put inside the back cover. It works fine when I remove the charging film and put it directly on the charger.

I'm unable to make out which one is faulty. I initially thought the charging film is faulty, but it does exactly the same with my wife's Galaxy S4. Any advise folks ??
You might be kinking the ribbon too much, or you bought the wrong plug type.

The pad has an "out face" it doesn't work on both sides.