Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 11 - General Discussion, Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting [Xperia Z1]

Tip us?

khizerrockz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up Got It Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegahanggara View Post
How did you flash DoomKernel?

No.
Hi,

I flash doomkernel via Flash boot and than trying to flash Cynogenmod
I found out the mistake i made
I think its not mentioned in the Post
that After installing doom kenel to flash cynogen mod we need to clear the data and than install install zip in the recovery for cynogen mod .
but thanks for replying appreciate it .
However i have another problem .
Everything is working now I got the G Apps installed but the camera doesnt allow u to change the resolution
it says that the options are there in setting but i didnt camera setting .
For now the only way i can change resolution is by reset the camera setting under Apps and when i open camera it give me an option to
change the settings .
Also i would like to know a best camera app to instal coz google camera app is not that great .
using sony camera app gave me better clarity .

omegahanggara
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by khizerrockz View Post
Hi,

I flash doomkernel via Flash boot and than trying to flash Cynogenmod
I found out the mistake i made
I think its not mentioned in the Post
that After installing doom kenel to flash cynogen mod we need to clear the data and than install install zip in the recovery for cynogen mod .
but thanks for replying appreciate it .
However i have another problem .
Everything is working now I got the G Apps installed but the camera doesnt allow u to change the resolution
it says that the options are there in setting but i didnt camera setting .
For now the only way i can change resolution is by reset the camera setting under Apps and when i open camera it give me an option to
change the settings .
Also i would like to know a best camera app to instal coz google camera app is not that great .
using sony camera app gave me better clarity .
I'm sorry I didn't mention that in OP. but glad that you made it.

Well, unfortunately. There's no camera app as good as Stock camera app, and it can't be ported to CM based ROM, nor AOKP, nor AOSP. stock camera app, is meant to stock ROM. But, so far Google Camera app is the best for CM based ROM. we have to wait, as CM improved everyday. Perhaps someday we can make this (camera quality) possible in CM.
"It is not the size of the sword... It is how you use it!!!"

khizerrockz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:

Well, unfortunately. There's no camera app as good as Stock camera app, and it can't be ported to CM based ROM, nor AOKP, nor AOSP. stock camera app, is meant to stock ROM. But, so far Google Camera app is the best for CM based ROM. we have to wait, as CM improved everyday. Perhaps someday we can make this (camera quality) possible in CM.
Hi

I hope so but thanks for replying .
just out of curiosity i want to know
1- if i ever want to go back to stock Rom
how i go about .
2- How to restore the bootloader as i have backed it up

Thanks
Khizer

omegahanggara
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by khizerrockz View Post
Hi

I hope so but thanks for replying .
just out of curiosity i want to know
1- if i ever want to go back to stock Rom
how i go about .
2- How to restore the bootloader as i have backed it up

Thanks
Khizer
How to go back to stock ROM
1. (this is not a must). If you won't backup your CM, skip to 3rd step.
2. Backup your CM from CWM. This is good when you want to go back to CM after delete CM. (backup to external SD is a wise decision rather than backup it to internal SD)
3. In CM, format /data /cache /system and dalvik-cache
4. Now you can go back to stock ROM. flash stock ROM with flashtool is a wise decision. Just grab any ftf you want, and flash it to your device.

how to restore (re-lock) bootloader
1. You can use flashtool to lock your bootloader. Make sure your stock ROM already flashed, and it works.
Note: relock bootloader won't restore DRM key.

khizerrockz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs up How to go back to sony z1 Stock ROM

Quote:
How to go back to stock ROM
1. (this is not a must). If you won't backup your CM, skip to 3rd step.
2. Backup your CM from CWM. This is good when you want to go back to CM after delete CM. (backup to external SD is a wise decision rather than backup it to internal SD)
3. In CM, format /data /cache /system and dalvik-cache
4. Now you can go back to stock ROM. flash stock ROM with flashtool is a wise decision. Just grab any ftf you want, and flash it to your device.

how to restore (re-lock) bootloader
1. You can use flashtool to lock your bootloader. Make sure your stock ROM already flashed, and it works.
Note: relock bootloader won't restore DRM key.

Thanks bro ... Appreciate it
# RESPECT
The Following User Says Thank You to khizerrockz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

araemo
Old
Thanks Meter 616
Quote:

Hopefully this will change after Android "L" and a Sony "L" release are out. Assuming that Sony re-writes their camera libraries to support the new camera features in "L", anyways.. But if they do, it could make the camera in AOSP roms much better.

omegahanggara
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by araemo View Post
Hopefully this will change after Android "L" and a Sony "L" release are out. Assuming that Sony re-writes their camera libraries to support the new camera features in "L", anyways.. But if they do, it could make the camera in AOSP roms much better.
I believe with Alin Jerpelea in Sony now, we can receive more supports from Sony in order improving AOSP ROM.

araemo
Old
Thanks Meter 616
Quote:
I believe with Alin Jerpelea in Sony now, we can receive more supports from Sony in order improving AOSP ROM.
Awesome news, I've seen a LOT of his commits since I've been working on android..

But don't expect miracles, product cycles and project timelimes dictate a lot of things like re-writing camera libraries to use different APIs.