Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,412 Members 44,819 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX]Note 2 crackling sound in earphones randomly

Tip us?

saurabh2310
Old
(Last edited by saurabh2310; 30th June 2014 at 02:51 PM.) Reason: spelling correction
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Lightbulb [FIX]Note 2 crackling sound in earphones randomly

I faced this annoying problem where earphones made crackling sound randomly while playing music only while screen was off.
I saw another thread where people faced same problem in S III, but no definite solution.

FIX :

You need to be rooted.
Just change your CPU governer to "On Demand".

Mine was set to 'pegasusq'. I believe it forces CPU into low power mode while the screen is off and CPU frequency becomes so low that read speed of music files reduced.

Above FIX resolved my issue. I wanted to share so that anyone suffering from same issue can be benifited.

**Disclaimer**
I am not responsible for any damage caused to your device. This post is just a workaround if you are rooted user. If you don't know anything about rooting, please explore the forum first.
The Following User Says Thank You to saurabh2310 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jemik33
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I will try boss..thanks.. 😊

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

saurabh2310
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Work-around

If you want to use the same CPU governer(as it has good performance), you can set the minimum CPU freq to say 400.

ayenzel
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Thanks for sharing the fix. I also face this problem while using Nadia kernel and have no idea how to fix it and eventually reflash another rom and. Now I know how to fix it. Its really annoying problem. Thanks avain

"DONT WALK, RUN!"
Tags
n7100 crackling sound, note 2, samsung crakling sound, samsung music player issue