Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 47,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from a2441918: I present you the Carbon Rom based on Cm11 sources

[Rom] Updated [Unofficial] Carbon Rom 4.4.4 based on CM11.0 [29.06.14]

Tip us?

MarSoftware
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGZero View Post
Can you try to use "Smart IR Control" ?
If an app uses IR feature it crashes.
I just tried Samsung IR - Universal Remote. Works fine, without any crashes. Fw 0629.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using XDA Free mobile app

proteje
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by penē View Post
Update: it is only an apn problem (at least no apns for German Vodafone were available). I dirty flashed 0629 from 0619 (which had correct apns) and mobile gsm data works.

So, best solution: write down your apn settings and enter them manually for the 0629 build
Did your suggestion - now it is working.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

System
System UI

I've used both 16.Jun and 29.Jun versions.
Both of them are draining battery.
The top processes are as above:
System and SystemUI

I've disabled as suggested in parallel threads:
1. lock-screen notifications: Pocket mode
2. Location report

Full wipe was also done - nothing helped.

Anyone has / had this issue?
Anyone can suggest possible solution?

Thanks in advance.

Michse222
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Build 04/07

With the last versions I had a few problems with wakelocks, specifially google play service. With the latest build and a full wipe my phone is finally sleeping again Still no apn settings and com.android.systemui is one of the highest battery consuments. Otherwise no problems so far - IR works again, GPS a charm like always. Lets see what happens when the rom settles in a few days...
The Following User Says Thank You to Michse222 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DiaboluZ
Old
Thanks Meter 3
29.06.14 build here and battery drain seems much higher than previous versions, Google Services and com.android.systemui as top consumers.

zblooder
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaboluZ View Post
29.06.14 build here and battery drain seems much higher than previous versions, Google Services and com.android.systemui as top consumers.
same here!

Grinface
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I just installed version Carbon ROM CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140704-2345-jactiveltexx.zip:
- External SD card is recognized (64GB Samsung formatted with ExFat)
- YouTube videos working
- Camera sometimes crashes
- no APN present, I have to add it manually (german Vodafone carrier)
- no carrier names were displayed, only numbers, e.g. 26202 for Vodafone) - is it a setting? Where?
- BT is working
- Haven't tested AllCast feature with my tv until now

Grinface
The Following User Says Thank You to Grinface For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Grinface
Old
Thanks Meter 7
After a few days some more notes on current build:
- Allcast doesn't work (with my tv, lg 7408)
- description of connection types is mixed up. When I choose (i.e) "TD-SCDMA/GSM/WDCMA/LTE" the result is "CDMA+LTE/EVDO". Also with other entries
- com.android.phone stop working when I switch between GSM/WDCMA/LTE and other connection types (only some types)
- battery is fine

Grinface
The Following User Says Thank You to Grinface For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

penē
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinface View Post
- description of connection types is mixed up. When I choose (i.e) "TD-SCDMA/GSM/WDCMA/LTE" the result is "CDMA+LTE/EVDO". Also with other entries
- com.android.phone stop working when I switch between GSM/WDCMA/LTE and other connection types (only some types)
- battery is fine

Grinface
Confirming the connection types bug - apparently all cm based roms suffer from this. Additionally, when am in a city with H+, but I only get a "G", I sometimes fiddle with the connection types and end up with "WCDMA preferred" and H+ connection. After some hours, however, I'm back at G and need to re-do switch to WCDMA preferred again.

DiaboluZ
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Does anybody know which previous version I could re-flash to stop battery drain without a full wipe?

I tried ...20140529-0719 version but it was stuck on boot

Grinface
Old
Thanks Meter 7
As mentioned before, the version CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL-20140704-2345-jactiveltexx.zip runs fine without high battery drain.

---

Last weekend I took a lot of pictures and noticed kind of lag in camera app. Switching between different modes made the camera / display hang for a couple of seconds. After waiting period all fine.

Grinface