Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root GT-N7100<4.4.2> without tripping KNOX

Tip us?
 
smeet.somaiya
Old
#111  
smeet.somaiya's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 498
Posts: 1,197
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyteddy92 View Post
Warranty void: 1
Did everything like in OP
Which firmware did you flash via mobile odin?
 
teddyteddy92
Old
#112  
Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 89
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeet.somaiya View Post
Which firmware did you flash via mobile odin?
N7100XXUFND3 French version. But I flashed the same firmware before rooting (to go from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2) and the warranty bit was 0.
 
smeet.somaiya
Old
#113  
smeet.somaiya's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 498
Posts: 1,197
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyteddy92 View Post
N7100XXUFND3 French version. But I flashed the same firmware before rooting (to go from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2) and the warranty bit was 0.
You flashed it via mobile odin or PC odin?
 
melonatrix
Old
#114  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Hi.

I've read all the thread...


I have Bootloader and PDA Version: N7100XXUFNE1

My 2 questions:

1 having the bootloader NE1... If I try to root... surely I will get a Tripping Knox... Right?
If so...
2 Is there any other way to root NE1 without having the Knox void 1?

Thanks .
 
robalm
Old
#115  
robalm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 378
Posts: 422
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by melonatrix View Post
Hi.

I've read all the thread...


I have Bootloader and PDA Version: N7100XXUFNE1

My 2 questions:

1 having the bootloader NE1... If I try to root... surely I will get a Tripping Knox... Right?
If so...
2 Is there any other way to root NE1 without having the Knox void 1?

Thanks .
Tripping Knox for sure.
There is no method (right now) to root with NE1 or later bootloader without tripping KNOX (not that i know anyway).
 
melonatrix
Old
(Last edited by melonatrix; 21st July 2014 at 04:39 PM.)
#116  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by robalm View Post
Tripping Knox for sure.
There is no method (right now) to root with NE1 or later bootloader without tripping KNOX (not that i know anyway).
Thanks... hehe it's a good thing that before starting to flash first I had read the whole thread.

Kind of sad on the other hand. .. for the impossibility to root without tripping the Knox bit.


Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes