Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,051 Members 53,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v4.7.3 (fully-featured file manager)

Tip us?

PünchUp
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrfanCore View Post
Tried now, makes no difference.
Other apps show the photos rotated and only MiXplorer shows the old view.
I even cleared data on QuickPic and default android gallery but both show new rotated view.
Quickpic image editor doesn't rotate the same image. It creates a new file. I just tried again and it works. A new image created and MiXplorer shows both the files

IrfanCore
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by PünchUp View Post
Quickpic image editor doesn't rotate the same image. It creates a new file. I just tried again and it works. A new image created and MiXplorer shows both the files
Ah yes I missed that but it's still the same.
Of course the new image is rotated but how can other apps recognise original photo rotated and MiXplorer does not?

PünchUp
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Ah yes I missed that but it's still the same.
Of course the new image is rotated but how can other apps recognise original photo rotated and MiXplorer does not?
What do you mean by 'recognize'? The thumbnail image?

IrfanCore
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
What do you mean by 'recognize'? The thumbnail image?
Yes other apps show the images rotated, not the old view.

PünchUp
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Yes other apps show the images rotated, not the old view.
It shouldn't happen unless your new rotated image uses an old file name which has already been cached. Go to settings and clear thumbnail cache. You'll see the changes reflected
The Following User Says Thank You to PünchUp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IrfanCore
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
It shouldn't happen unless your new rotated image uses an old file name which has already been cached. Go to settings and clear thumbnail cache. You'll see the changes reflected
I tried that before and again now. Even cleared data on MiXplorer, QuickPic and Android default gallery, no changes in MiXplorer but other apps show the new rotation.

Does android maybe have a system cache for images?

I tried also clearing cache+dalvik cache in TWRP Recovery

PünchUp
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Does android maybe have a system cache for images?
If you clear the data of “Media Storage” app, Android will rebuild the database. But I really doubt MiXplorer has anything to do with that. Also, because other apps are working fine for you, it's quite strange. Why don't you try changing the file name of that image and see if it works

IrfanCore
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
If you clear the data of “Media Storage” app, Android will rebuild the database. But I really doubt MiXplorer has anything to do with that. Also, because other apps are working fine for you, it's quite strange. Why don't you try changing the file name of that image and see if it works
Clearing Media Storage and changing the name didn't help

I read on the XnView forum it's about lossless rotation with EXIF Data.
I have no real knowledge of this but as I understood it it's that some applications create their own thumbnail cache and some use the built in.
That means QuickPic and Android Gallery create their own cache based on the actual image and not the embedded thumbnail.

Seems like XnView can reset the EXIF Data and even set the permanent rotation for the image and thumbnail.

I'll let you know how it goes when I try someday soon.

PünchUp
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Hmm ok let me know. But this doesn't happen on my device. I get the proper thumbnail.

ltGuillaume
Old
Thanks Meter 48
In the Gmail app, when I try to attach a file via MiX, somehow MiX doesn't pass on the file correctly which leads to a corrupt attachment. It does show up as an attachment in Gmail, but with a name that doesn't correspond to the actual filename, and the mail is subsequently sent without any attachment.

Android 2.3.7 with Gmail 2.3.6 and MiXplorer 4.7.3 201406291

Tags
android file manager, cloud, encfs, mixplorer, sftp