Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,528 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY][TWRP][2.7.X.Y][full f2fs support][PORT] KT-TWRP + KTMANTA-f2fs 11/07

Tip us?

Fidelator
Old
(Last edited by Fidelator; 14th July 2014 at 05:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 87
fastboot boot filename.img worked and I managed to change my filesystems, I'll try creating the zip as the recovery keeps going reverting and 2.7.0.1 isn't able to read my partitions now, I'll update with the results and so far I just booted up and everything seems to be going well.

Edit: Ok, I DL'ed an official TWRP 2.7.1.0 zip and flashed it, my recovery updated successfully, however it isn't able to read my /cache or /data partitions, next, I replaced the recovery.img with the exact same img I used to convert to F2FS (the one provided here) and again booted into the functional recovery through fastboot boot filename.img, I flashed the new zip file and everything seemed to be fine, rebooting to recovery shows that the original TWRP 2.7.1.0 wasn't replaced as I'm unable to mount the data or cache partitions.

Also worth mentioning that using the TWRP manager from the playstore to try to flash .imgs does not work either

Khaon
Old
(Last edited by Khaon; 18th July 2014 at 03:08 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
Official twrp has the tools to format but not the driver to mount you could enter into my recovery ? If yes push with adb somewhere and install normally. That's the best I can figure so far

Khaon
Old
(Last edited by Khaon; 22nd July 2014 at 12:37 AM.) Reason: Changelog updated
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 64
I have added in the OP few links to f2fs vs ext4 benchmarks for people that would be interrested in seeing the difference.

-----------------------------

OP uploaded see the changelog

------------------------------

If users want any other kernel. As long as the source are available I can include f2fs and compile it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khaon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
f2fs, f2fs manta, nexus10 f2fs