Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Solved] Soft Brick HTC One (M7ul) Recovery won't boot

OP Davidpearl

23rd May 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
HTC Soft Brick
Hi
My HTC M7 is stuck in boot mode. I tried to install the Google Play Edition Rom with S-on.
I had CWM but it seems to have diappeared after i used Guru_Reset_M7_3.62.401.1.zip
I have tried Squabbi's HTC ONE toolkit but it gives me an error 01 when i try to push revone.

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.401.16
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__016
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3790mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.041s
adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
error: device not found
I cannot seem to be able to get a stock South African Vodacom ROM to sideload

Please help me get S-OFF so that i can load any rom that will make the phone work.
23rd May 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #32  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 443
 
1,801 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaansayed

Hi
My HTC M7 is stuck in boot mode. I tried to install the Google Play Edition Rom with S-on.
I had CWM but it seems to have diappeared after i used Guru_Reset_M7_3.62.401.1.zip
I have tried Squabbi's HTC ONE toolkit but it gives me an error 01 when i try to push revone.

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.401.16
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__016
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3790mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.041s
adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
error: device not found
I cannot seem to be able to get a stock South African Vodacom ROM to sideload

Please help me get S-OFF so that i can load any rom that will make the phone work.

adb sideload works in custom recovery, not in bootloader mode.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaHiLzZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 12:08 AM   |  #33  
alray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,362
 
3,555 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaansayed

Hi
My HTC M7 is stuck in boot mode. I tried to install the Google Play Edition Rom with S-on.
I had CWM but it seems to have diappeared after i used Guru_Reset_M7_3.62.401.1.zip
I have tried Squabbi's HTC ONE toolkit but it gives me an error 01 when i try to push revone.

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.401.16
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__016
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3790mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.041s
adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
error: device not found
I cannot seem to be able to get a stock South African Vodacom ROM to sideload

Please help me get S-OFF so that i can load any rom that will make the phone work.

So is your phone stuck in bootloader or does it boot to a rom? You can't s-off without a working rom... so why are you trying to push revone anyway?

push and flash a rom 1st, then s-off and after you'll be able to flash gpe rom.

and like sahilzz said above, adb commands=custom recovery or booted rom, fastboot commands=bootloader so you can't use adb push from bootloader.

btw better to use adb and fastboot from terminal instead of using toolkits
Last edited by alray; 24th May 2014 at 12:10 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2014, 05:28 AM   |  #34  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Unhappy Correct rom file
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

So is your phone stuck in bootloader or does it boot to a rom? You can't s-off without a working rom... so why are you trying to push revone anyway?

push and flash a rom 1st, then s-off and after you'll be able to flash gpe rom.

and like sahilzz said above, adb commands=custom recovery or booted rom, fastboot commands=bootloader so you can't use adb push from bootloader.

btw better to use adb and fastboot from terminal instead of using toolkits

Hi

The phone cannot boot and is stuck in bootloader. I am not sure which rom to flash as I have tried several and they give me errors. Guru reset did flash but now I cannot get into CWM recovery. What Rom should I flash as I cannot seem to find our stock Vodacom rom online. Also he do I install CWM again to put the phone into recovery mode?

I really appreciate the help guys.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaansayed

Hi

The phone cannot boot and is stuck in bootloader. I am not sure which rom to flash as I have tried several and they give me errors. Guru reset did flash but now I cannot get into CWM recovery. What Rom should I flash as I cannot seem to find our stock Vodacom rom online. Also he do I install CWM again to put the phone into recovery mode?

I really appreciate the help guys.

Thanks

I managed to get CWM back onto the phone I just need to know which ROM i can Install that will be compatible
24th May 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #35  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Red face Correct Rom


Thanks Guys


Quote:
Originally Posted by amaansayed

Hi

The phone cannot boot and is stuck in bootloader. I am not sure which rom to flash as I have tried several and they give me errors. Guru reset did flash but now I cannot get into CWM recovery. What Rom should I flash as I cannot seem to find our stock Vodacom rom online. Also he do I install CWM again to put the phone into recovery mode?

I really appreciate the help guys.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------



I managed to get CWM back onto the phone I just need to know which ROM i can Install that will be compatible

21st July 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #36  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
hi,
i have the same problem but i cant start in recovery or boot into it.
Any ideas?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes