Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,987 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to restore DROID RAZR M back to stock JB 4.1.2 from the kitkat 4.4.2

Tip us?

GnatGoSplat
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Download link for fxz is in post #5.
You will also need RSDLite. I used this one:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/q61LmCBp/...html?locale=en

I think you can also use something called "Matt's Utility", but I've never personally used that one.

Anyway, extract the fxz file to your computer, then open the .xml file. There should be 2 lines, one with tz.mbn in it and one with gpt.bin. You will need to remove those lines.

Then boot phone into fastboot mode. With phone off, hold down vol-up and vol-dn at the same time, do not release. Press and hold POWER for a few seconds, then release it. When you get into the bootloader selection menu, release vol buttons. Use vol-dn to go down to Fastboot and vol-up to select it.

Now confirm Fastboot says your phone is UNLOCKED, because this won't work if it's locked. Plug into your PC and make sure you have Moto drivers installed.

Now run RSDLite and select the .xml file where you extracted the fxz to. If you removed the correct lines, it should flash correctly and be on JB when it reboots.

One thing to note, it will do a factory reset. I think there is a line you can add to the xml to keep your data, but I just tried to Google it and couldn't find it.

kulsforu
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnatGoSplat View Post
Download link for fxz is in post #5.
You will also need RSDLite. I used this one:
http://www.4shared.com/rar/q61LmCBp/...html?locale=en

I think you can also use something called "Matt's Utility", but I've never personally used that one.

Anyway, extract the fxz file to your computer, then open the .xml file. There should be 2 lines, one with tz.mbn in it and one with gpt.bin. You will need to remove those lines.

Then boot phone into fastboot mode. With phone off, hold down vol-up and vol-dn at the same time, do not release. Press and hold POWER for a few seconds, then release it. When you get into the bootloader selection menu, release vol buttons. Use vol-dn to go down to Fastboot and vol-up to select it.

Now confirm Fastboot says your phone is UNLOCKED, because this won't work if it's locked. Plug into your PC and make sure you have Moto drivers installed.

Now run RSDLite and select the .xml file where you extracted the fxz to. If you removed the correct lines, it should flash correctly and be on JB when it reboots.

One thing to note, it will do a factory reset. I think there is a line you can add to the xml to keep your data, but I just tried to Google it and couldn't find it.
Thank u very much.
Is this process will replace the kitkat kernal to JB kernel? Or kitkat kernal will remain and JB ROM will work like previously on kitkat kernal?
Also if it will not solve my problem then what way to go back to stock kitkat?
Is there any way to backup my current working phone? in case if anything will go wrong then I can get my phone back to existing working condition?
Please Help me.
Thanks in advance..

GnatGoSplat
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulsforu View Post
Thank u very much.
Is this process will replace the kitkat kernal to JB kernel? Or kitkat kernal will remain and JB ROM will work like previously on kitkat kernal?
Also if it will not solve my problem then what way to go back to stock kitkat?
Is there any way to backup my current working phone? in case if anything will go wrong then I can get my phone back to existing working condition?
Please Help me.
Thanks in advance..
Yes, it will replace the KitKat kernel with the JB kernel.
If you root, you can use various apps to back stuff up like Titanium Backup.
You could also flash TWRP recovery and use that to make a backup of your entire /data partition.
I'm not really sure the best method of backup as I don't back stuff up very often. I mostly just use Titanium, but then you have to set your accounts and home screen shortcuts and widgets back up manually. I think there are other backup apps for those things though.