Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

HTC Mini+ Tips

OP wpghtc

9th June 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #11  
vulcanvillalta's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 31
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_c81

It's a bizarre product if you ask me. Essentially it's a Bluetooth remote for your phone if I understand correctly. Allows you to perform basic functions away from your actual phone.

I can only really see one viable usage for this and that's business users. If you're using your phone to project a slideshow or stream a video you can then use the mini to respond to calls and texts without interrupting.

Even still, I don't think it's really a great product for the everyday user, business or no business.

Screams gimmick.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for explaining. I agree, it seems like a strange product for $80ish. I mean, if you really need something like this, then by all means go for it, but I sometimes don't see the point of these flashy technologies.
The Following User Says Thank You to vulcanvillalta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th June 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanvillalta

Thanks for explaining. I agree, it seems like a strange product for $80ish. I mean, if you really need something like this, then by all means go for it, but I sometimes don't see the point of these flashy technologies.

Indeed. I'd rather spend the money on the HTC power back myself. Or the boom box. I'd get more use out of those. Even the Fetch would be of more use to me then the Mini.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
9th June 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #13  
vulcanvillalta's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 31
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_c81

Indeed. I'd rather spend the money on the HTC power back myself. Or the boom box. I'd get more use out of those. Even the Fetch would be of more use to me then the Mini.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I can think of several things I would rather buy than that. But, as stated before, not every product is for everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to vulcanvillalta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th June 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
HTC MIni+ for tablets
Whilst I got all HTC One models and this thing works well, Ultimately it could be a hot seller if it works with any android device. I've paired it with my Galaxy Note 8 3g, which has phone functionality but looks ridiculous if you use it directly as a phone. But it is severely limited. You can only pick up a call, but you can neither dial nor see anything on screen. With HTC phones, you can see who's calling, dial from phone history or through keypad etc. But nada on another device. This sucks. Does anybody know how to hack this to work with any android device. I'm sure if you know which files HTC is using in its system for all this, you can hack it like people have hacked Samsung Gear to pretty much work with any android
28th June 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #15  
GSLEON3's Avatar
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,348
 
2,461 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2006
Donate to Me
More
First, it is an overpriced nearly worthless accessory. Yes, if you want a 1999 candy bar phone, great. It also will use the laser when powered off & my dog likes to chase the red dot. However, it DOES NOT allow you to reply to text messages, not really. It lets you select pre-written messages to send, but you cannot compose on the fly. HTC also killed the 12 hr clock, in favor of 24 hr only. Whatever, not a big deal. It could be kind of useful, but the range on it really is atrocious. The degradation is nearly unbearable at 10 feet. So, why do I have this? One reason alone. It works perfectly to control Google Play Music which I use constantly in the car, of which I drive 50,000 to 60,000 miles annually.

Also, the ringtone on it is pitifully low, as is the vibration. But it makes a great remote in the car, albeit a bit expensive, controlling tracks, volume & play/pause.
30th June 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #16  
vulcanvillalta's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 31
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3

First, it is an overpriced nearly worthless accessory. Yes, if you want a 1999 candy bar phone, great. It also will use the laser when powered off & my dog likes to chase the red dot. However, it DOES NOT allow you to reply to text messages, not really. It lets you select pre-written messages to send, but you cannot compose on the fly. HTC also killed the 12 hr clock, in favor of 24 hr only. Whatever, not a big deal. It could be kind of useful, but the range on it really is atrocious. The degradation is nearly unbearable at 10 feet. So, why do I have this? One reason alone. It works perfectly to control Google Play Music which I use constantly in the car, of which I drive 50,000 to 60,000 miles annually.

Also, the ringtone on it is pitifully low, as is the vibration. But it makes a great remote in the car, albeit a bit expensive, controlling tracks, volume & play/pause.

Exactly why I said it's good for those who want/need something like it. Not for me, though.
21st July 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #17  
@rbiter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 964
 
4,126 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
I'd probably bite on this for $50. My m8 is going to be a DAP after I retire it because it is an excellent music player and has nice synergy with my C5D DAC/amp. Would be awesome to change tracks and do other stuff without having to turn screen on.

sent from my HTC One M8 using hofo mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes