Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Mini+ Tips

Tip us?

vulcanvillalta
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_c81 View Post
It's a bizarre product if you ask me. Essentially it's a Bluetooth remote for your phone if I understand correctly. Allows you to perform basic functions away from your actual phone.

I can only really see one viable usage for this and that's business users. If you're using your phone to project a slideshow or stream a video you can then use the mini to respond to calls and texts without interrupting.

Even still, I don't think it's really a great product for the everyday user, business or no business.

Screams gimmick.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Thanks for explaining. I agree, it seems like a strange product for $80ish. I mean, if you really need something like this, then by all means go for it, but I sometimes don't see the point of these flashy technologies.
I have been, and always shall be, your friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to vulcanvillalta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Chris_c81
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanvillalta View Post
Thanks for explaining. I agree, it seems like a strange product for $80ish. I mean, if you really need something like this, then by all means go for it, but I sometimes don't see the point of these flashy technologies.
Indeed. I'd rather spend the money on the HTC power back myself. Or the boom box. I'd get more use out of those. Even the Fetch would be of more use to me then the Mini.

vulcanvillalta
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_c81 View Post
Indeed. I'd rather spend the money on the HTC power back myself. Or the boom box. I'd get more use out of those. Even the Fetch would be of more use to me then the Mini.

I can think of several things I would rather buy than that. But, as stated before, not every product is for everyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to vulcanvillalta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zobaoyzo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC MIni+ for tablets

Whilst I got all HTC One models and this thing works well, Ultimately it could be a hot seller if it works with any android device. I've paired it with my Galaxy Note 8 3g, which has phone functionality but looks ridiculous if you use it directly as a phone. But it is severely limited. You can only pick up a call, but you can neither dial nor see anything on screen. With HTC phones, you can see who's calling, dial from phone history or through keypad etc. But nada on another device. This sucks. Does anybody know how to hack this to work with any android device. I'm sure if you know which files HTC is using in its system for all this, you can hack it like people have hacked Samsung Gear to pretty much work with any android

GSLEON3
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1313

DONATE TO ME
First, it is an overpriced nearly worthless accessory. Yes, if you want a 1999 candy bar phone, great. It also will use the laser when powered off & my dog likes to chase the red dot. However, it DOES NOT allow you to reply to text messages, not really. It lets you select pre-written messages to send, but you cannot compose on the fly. HTC also killed the 12 hr clock, in favor of 24 hr only. Whatever, not a big deal. It could be kind of useful, but the range on it really is atrocious. The degradation is nearly unbearable at 10 feet. So, why do I have this? One reason alone. It works perfectly to control Google Play Music which I use constantly in the car, of which I drive 50,000 to 60,000 miles annually.

Also, the ringtone on it is pitifully low, as is the vibration. But it makes a great remote in the car, albeit a bit expensive, controlling tracks, volume & play/pause.
Ingress Resistance - Rainbow6

Click HERE to buy me a cheeseburger if I helped you! Or even better, find a charity or local family fighting childhood cancer & help out however you can!

A brief & incomplete timeline of my love affair with mobile technology:

vulcanvillalta
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSLEON3 View Post
First, it is an overpriced nearly worthless accessory. Yes, if you want a 1999 candy bar phone, great. It also will use the laser when powered off & my dog likes to chase the red dot. However, it DOES NOT allow you to reply to text messages, not really. It lets you select pre-written messages to send, but you cannot compose on the fly. HTC also killed the 12 hr clock, in favor of 24 hr only. Whatever, not a big deal. It could be kind of useful, but the range on it really is atrocious. The degradation is nearly unbearable at 10 feet. So, why do I have this? One reason alone. It works perfectly to control Google Play Music which I use constantly in the car, of which I drive 50,000 to 60,000 miles annually.

Also, the ringtone on it is pitifully low, as is the vibration. But it makes a great remote in the car, albeit a bit expensive, controlling tracks, volume & play/pause.
Exactly why I said it's good for those who want/need something like it. Not for me, though.

bosummer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default iseeirappear

Before I changed my cellphone, I only use HTC. However, it cannot always able to get full signal when I am calling out. But I can get quite great after sale service.

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 957
I'd probably bite on this for $50. My m8 is going to be a DAP after I retire it because it is an excellent music player and has nice synergy with my C5D DAC/amp. Would be awesome to change tracks and do other stuff without having to turn screen on.

sent from my HTC One M8 using hofo mobile app