Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC Mini+ Tips

OP wpghtc

27th June 2014, 09:10 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
HTC MIni+ for tablets
Whilst I got all HTC One models and this thing works well, Ultimately it could be a hot seller if it works with any android device. I've paired it with my Galaxy Note 8 3g, which has phone functionality but looks ridiculous if you use it directly as a phone. But it is severely limited. You can only pick up a call, but you can neither dial nor see anything on screen. With HTC phones, you can see who's calling, dial from phone history or through keypad etc. But nada on another device. This sucks. Does anybody know how to hack this to work with any android device. I'm sure if you know which files HTC is using in its system for all this, you can hack it like people have hacked Samsung Gear to pretty much work with any android
28th June 2014, 12:14 AM   |  #12  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag NSA Black Site Whiskey Tango Foxtrot One Niner
Thanks Meter: 1,349

2,461 posts
Donate to Me
More
First, it is an overpriced nearly worthless accessory. Yes, if you want a 1999 candy bar phone, great. It also will use the laser when powered off & my dog likes to chase the red dot. However, it DOES NOT allow you to reply to text messages, not really. It lets you select pre-written messages to send, but you cannot compose on the fly. HTC also killed the 12 hr clock, in favor of 24 hr only. Whatever, not a big deal. It could be kind of useful, but the range on it really is atrocious. The degradation is nearly unbearable at 10 feet. So, why do I have this? One reason alone. It works perfectly to control Google Play Music which I use constantly in the car, of which I drive 50,000 to 60,000 miles annually.

Also, the ringtone on it is pitifully low, as is the vibration. But it makes a great remote in the car, albeit a bit expensive, controlling tracks, volume & play/pause.
21st July 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 964

4,133 posts
I'd probably bite on this for $50. My m8 is going to be a DAP after I retire it because it is an excellent music player and has nice synergy with my C5D DAC/amp. Would be awesome to change tracks and do other stuff without having to turn screen on.

sent from my HTC One M8 using hofo mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread