Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

[Q] Need driver help for my KF - ADB is not detecting the device when in TWRP Mode

OP shadowblade2652

9th July 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #11  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 410

1,716 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowblade2652

nonononono it's quite weird
In fastboot mode, the device is easily recognized by the computer. i can flash and have no problems whatsoever. When I try to use TWRP to copy the image to the device, that's where I get the issue.

If you want, copy and paste your environment path here. Let's check and make sure it looks good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.4 using XDA premium 4 mobile app
10th July 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 2

66 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

If you want, copy and paste your environment path here. Let's check and make sure it looks good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Paranoid Android 4.4.4 using XDA premium 4 mobile app

And what do you mean by that? What is the environment path?

I know it can be flashed in fastboot as the computer recognizes it and fastboot detects it as a device. It's just that in twrp the computer is unable to find any drivers for it.
10th July 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #13  
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 410

1,716 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowblade2652

And what do you mean by that? What is the environment path?

I know it can be flashed in fastboot as the computer recognizes it and fastboot detects it as a device. It's just that in twrp the computer is unable to find any drivers for it.

In order for your tablet to be recognized in fastboot, you would have had to set the path. I think your bs'n me.

11th July 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #14  
OP Member
Flag San Francisco

66 posts
More
Quote:

In order for your tablet to be recognized in fastboot, you would have had to set the path. I think your bs'n me.

m8 I have no idea what you are talking about.

I started the cyanogen mod tutorial that they have on the wiki, and I got to flashing the custom bootloader and the twrp recovery mode. After that, the device wasn't recognized during TWRP mounting so I wasn't able to mount and copy over the CM image for installation. That's why I am stuck now. Could you please link me to or attach the kindleOS stock rom so I can flash it and go back to stock kindleOS. Right now I have an expensive brick and it's seriously bugging me.
11th July 2014, 11:06 PM   |  #15  
OP Member
Flag San Francisco

66 posts
More
Quote:

Do you mean the windows path? If you do, I used the installer I found on this website along with the kindle fastboot drivers found from amazon and it was already added to the path.
15th July 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #16  
OP Member
Flag San Francisco

66 posts
More
another shameless self bump.
19th July 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #17  
OP Member
Flag San Francisco

66 posts
More
bump?
20th July 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #18  
Flag Singapore

101 posts
Donate to Me
More
im facing the same problem here, i restored my kf hd 8.9 back to stock using this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2468988

however, i just cant connect to the device via adb. fastboot is working, so the drivers are fine. adb has been enabled on the device's settings panel.

i need adb to root the device and reinstall the 2nd bootloader for custom roms.
21st July 2014, 07:17 AM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 609

2,218 posts
Donate to Me
More
It might actually be a driver problem, switching between twrp, fastboot, and a android os have caused issues for me before where I NAD to uninstall the driver and reinstall it, and sometimes it would have a USB composite USB device I'd have to remove to fix it(had a bird of 1949 so I new it was the kindle).
21st July 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #20  
OP Member
Flag San Francisco

66 posts
More
surprisingly restoring back to stock and then doing it again worked. I'm now running 4.4.4

Thanks for the help stunts, sjj, and linear

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread