Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Htc mini appears to be totally dead ?

Tip us?

pure.by
Old
(Last edited by pure.by; 14th July 2014 at 12:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Svanto View Post
Ok, one thing struck me. Are you s-on or s-off?
To be honest, I have no idea what that means.
In past I have installed CyanogenMod on HTC Hero, HTC Legend, HTC Desire and Samsing Galaxy S3 Mini, and never came across the S-ON/S-OFF thing.

In order to install CM11 on HTC One Mini I followed the official CM guide step by step: h t t p : / / wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_m4 :

1. I unlocked the bootloader from HTC Dev website;
  2. installed the most recent TWRP recovery available at the moment;
  3. rooted the phone from Recovery and from Android interface with SuperSU;
  4. Installed CM11-M7;
  5. Rooted from recovery and Android interface again because recovery told me my whone was not rooted any more.
  6. Installed the latest Nightly build on 12 july through CyanogenMod updater in Settings

Does that make me S-OFF? All I know is that I'm a CM11 user on TWRP 2.7.1.1, and rooted with the help of SuperSU.

Thanks.

P.S.: Just to double check that we have exact same phone here is the photo of the back side of mine showing the model number: h t t p s : / / dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8012531/img/temp/omsn.jpg
P.P.S. Sorry for bad links, I can't post real working ones until I make some more comments on this forum.

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

And a couple more questions I have:

1) If I restore to the stock HTC Rom from recovery, will I be able to receive new OTA updates from HTC?
2) If I restore to the stock HTC Rom from recovery, will I still be able to install other custom ROMs from recovery? (just in case I find another good custom ROM, or if/when CM gets fixed).
3) Is there any other good, stable ans safe ROM for HTC One Mini that you can recomend? I don't really like the idea of going back to Android 4.3 and losing all the features I got used to since my previos phone, however I dislike running a ROM that can brick my device any minute even more. Any alternatives?

Thanks again!

El_Svanto
Old
Thanks Meter 31
OK, since we have hijacked this thread already, and it could be of interest for others, i will keep this public until someone tells me otherwise.

If you dont know if you are s-on or off, you are s-on
But you seem to be quite familiar with rooting and custom roms etc. and that is good.
Then you should be familiar with flashing boot.img right?

The reason i ask is because when you are s-on you cant flash boot.img from recovery
so you might have to rename boot.emmc.win to boot.img and flash it as you normally should from fastboot.

We have the same model no. on the back so that is great. You should not hardbrick even if it was not
the same model, it just wouldnt boot.

The other questions:
1. Yes you will, but you must flash stock recovery, which i happen to have a copy of
2. Yes you will. Nothing changes in that matter with this restore. Of course if you did flash stock recovery
you have to flash twrp again.
3. I actually only have had this phone for a few days, so i cant recommend any rom, sorry. I am coming from a
One S, on that i was a fan of Maximus and Bilals Sense 5.5 and Sense 6 roms, so at the moment i am just
happy that this phone seems to get both Sense 6 and eventually Android L.
But i instantly rooted and s-off:ed it
The Following User Says Thank You to El_Svanto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aJay2k1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
same problem...htc turns off by 70%/54% and now i can't even see the charging light -_-...trieng now to push the power off button for some minutes

pure.by
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aJay2k1 View Post
same problem...htc turns off by 70%/54% and now i can't even see the charging light -_-...trieng now to push the power off button for some minutes
Which CM version have you installed? "M7"-release or the latest "Nightly"?
Also, how soon after installing CM11 did this failure happen? Within an hour/day/week/month?

aJay2k1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by pure.by View Post
Which CM version have you installed? "M7"-release or the latest "Nightly"?
Also, how soon after installing CM11 did this failure happen? Within an hour/day/week/month?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2741847

about 1 week...now gonna to send it to HTC, i hope they will fix it. i can't imagine that my one turns off cause the wrong software. its more the hardware which is not working!