Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 54,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

NC4 Rooted & Safestrap installed successfully, Root/Safestrap instructions

Tip us?

joey_p1979
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the post! Very helpful! BigginsROM here I come..lol

/null/
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default unroot airwatch

Hello, I am tempted to do this so I can remove some bloat, however, I need air watch installed which detects root, check in is once every 14 days for compliance. Worst case, can restore to stock?
However, I would just like to be able to uninstall stuff and then unroot and reinstall air watch. Is unrooting possible?
Do I need to install Safestrap if I have no intention to load custom roms?
Our company is BYOD, however Airwatch is required to allow remote wipe/enforce long passwords/activesync parameters. Only requirement for BYOD is non rooted or jailbroken phones.

TYA
Windows is stable until you logon.

Jaye1
Old
(Last edited by Jaye1; 21st July 2014 at 11:16 PM.) Reason: found the answer to first part and deleted it
Thanks Meter 0
Someone with experience might be able to answer this question. I don't intend to flash any custom ROMs. The only reason that I would install Safestrap is because that is the only way that I know of making a Nandroid for a locked bootloader. My Apps and Data are about 7 GB, so it would be pointless for me to use one of the virtual slots of 6GB maximum. I intend to use my Stock ROM slot, i.e. boot up into my stock ROM. My question is this: If I don't create any virtual slots with Safestrap and boot into my stock ROM as I would normally do, would my new internal storage space be greatly diminished in size? I like having a lot of storage for future expansion possibilities. If so, maybe a nandroid would not be feasible for me.