I'm confused. BajaRom?

Search This thread

scott_65

Jun 13, 2012
Ok, it was late and I have a bad habit of rushing through these things so I can see the end result, sometimes resulting in bricked phones. But I rooted my phone the other night and installed baja rom. And even posted about a problem I had with a bootloop and got a quick response on how to fix it. This was on my laptop at home. Now I'm at work on a different computer, clicked my shortcut to XDA's Note 3 section to ask another troubleshooting question, and can't find the bajarom thread. Am I in the wrong section and overlooking something or what?

K03WL3R

Feb 25, 2012
Ok, it was late and I have a bad habit of rushing through these things so I can see the end result, sometimes resulting in bricked phones. But I rooted my phone the other night and installed baja rom. And even posted about a problem I had with a bootloop and got a quick response on how to fix it. This was on my laptop at home. Now I'm at work on a different computer, clicked my shortcut to XDA's Note 3 section to ask another troubleshooting question, and can't find the bajarom thread. Am I in the wrong section and overlooking something or what?
This should probably be in the help section. But are you in the Verizon note 3 section?

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

And the title of it now says the alliance rom is coming soon

bmwh0r3

Negative on being in the wrong area. Bajarom will be replaced with alliance(currently locked). Keep an eye out for it to be released eventually(hopefully towards the end of the week). Maybe someone can help you here with Baja but as of now, baja16.1 is the latest and last release.

Sent from what an iPhone wishes it could be.

Reactions: scott_65

scott_65

Jun 13, 2012
Oh I see it now. Maybe the devs could put something about bajarom back in the title? That's confusing to noobs.

I was wondering about battery life. Granted, I've been tinkering a lot with the new rom, but my battery is horrible. Just in the last few hours, after charging all night, I'm down to 50 percent.

Also, the fast dormancy toggle and media battery drain fix buttons both come up with errors. I don't even know what the fast dormancy is so no biggie, but the battery drain seems applicable to me so I'm wondering if I need to look into fixing that?

Hackenstein

Aug 22, 2010
Oh I see it now. Maybe the devs could put something about bajarom back in the title? That's confusing to noobs.

I was wondering about battery life. Granted, I've been tinkering a lot with the new rom, but my battery is horrible. Just in the last few hours, after charging all night, I'm down to 50 percent.

Also, the fast dormancy toggle and media battery drain fix buttons both come up with errors. I don't even know what the fast dormancy is so no biggie, but the battery drain seems applicable to me so I'm wondering if I need to look into fixing that?

Agreed. It's all cool about the new rom coming to (hopefully) dazzle the masses. In the meantime, however, I think BajaROM and it's support thread should've remained active. I'm having quirky issues with it and have no where to go for the kind of support the original thread offered.

Afro Samurai

Dec 8, 2008
Chicago,IL
The best thing now is to post any problems here. Things got a little heated as there's big anticipation for the Alliance rom but it's not ready yet. It was starting to become an ETA flame war so to keep things under control it's locked until the Alliance rom is ready. Trust me I've seen how out of control things can get on here. I'm not a dev or recognized contributor but I check the Question & Answer threads and help when I can.

Sent from the Note 3 of The Afro Samurai

bajasur

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 19, 2012
San Clemente
Agreed. It's all cool about the new rom coming to (hopefully) dazzle the masses. In the meantime, however, I think BajaROM and it's support thread should've remained active. I'm having quirky issues with it and have no where to go for the kind of support the original thread offered.

I am thinking this thread is going to get locked any second most likely. But if it gets moved over to Q&A I will gladly assist with any questions. By the way, the latest BajaROM is still up on AFH for those who want it.

Cheers,

Baja

jayharper08

Retired Senior Moderator - The Troll Whisperer
Jan 7, 2008
The Dirty
I am thinking this thread is going to get locked any second most likely. But if it gets moved over to Q&A I will gladly assist with any questions. By the way, the latest BajaROM is still up on AFH for those who want it.

Cheers,

Baja

Not sure how this thing stayed in development for so long. I moved it to Q&A three hours ago, lol.

Should be moved now, and thank you for helping the community by providing answers where needed. :)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2

urahoho

Jul 26, 2013
did you install after a wipe? I tired many different roms and baja had the best battery life for me compared to others.

tjmethod

Feb 20, 2012
Foxboro
did you install after a wipe? I tired many different roms and baja had the best battery life for me compared to others.

Hi Im wondering if its the kernel. Im on baja and I think the battery is better but other stuff osnt working like wanam, gravitybox… dalvik and cashe didnt fix it but but the touch response is faster besides the battery. Do you know how to flash or install just the kernel to another rom? I think im going back to the stock rom

scott_65

Jun 13, 2012
Yes I wiped before installing baja. I've started another thread with a title better depicting my problem to avoid confusion. If you have suggestions, could you post it there so others could find it as well. Thanks for the help and interest in the matter! I would post a link to the other thread but I don't know how to do that. Its here in the Q&A section, titled for bad battery life on bajarom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Cheers,

Baja

Cheers,

Baja

Not sure how this thing stayed in development for so long. I moved it to Q&A three hours ago, lol.

Should be moved now, and thank you for helping the community by providing answers where needed. :)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 2
    The best thing now is to post any problems here. Things got a little heated as there's big anticipation for the Alliance rom but it's not ready yet. It was starting to become an ETA flame war so to keep things under control it's locked until the Alliance rom is ready. Trust me I've seen how out of control things can get on here. I'm not a dev or recognized contributor but I check the Question & Answer threads and help when I can.

Sent from the Note 3 of The Afro Samurai
    Negative on being in the wrong area. Bajarom will be replaced with alliance(currently locked). Keep an eye out for it to be released eventually(hopefully towards the end of the week). Maybe someone can help you here with Baja but as of now, baja16.1 is the latest and last release.

Sent from what an iPhone wishes it could be.