Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 38,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Update 1

Tip us?

OlivierL
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Update 1

Hello all,

Just a quick message to let you know Microsoft has released an update to Dev 1. I have just updated my phone to version (8.10.12382.878).

Somehow there aren't any information on what has been fixed, but hopefully battery drain and heating issues are fixed. I will let you know how it goes or if I notice anything special. So far, the strangest thing is that my phone was at 100% before the update. The update took about 20 minutes to complete and after, my phone powered with only 28%... Hopefully this is part of a calibration that will allow me to have better power later.

Good luck everyone!

Pedrorudi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivierL View Post
Hello all,

Just a quick message to let you know Microsoft has released an update to Dev 1. I have just updated my phone to version (8.10.12382.878).

Somehow there aren't any information on what has been fixed, but hopefully battery drain and heating issues are fixed. I will let you know how it goes or if I notice anything special. So far, the strangest thing is that my phone was at 100% before the update. The update took about 20 minutes to complete and after, my phone powered with only 28%... Hopefully this is part of a calibration that will allow me to have better power later.

Good luck everyone!
Updating right now!

noxified
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrorudi View Post
Updating right now!
updating too!

Etaduck
Old
Thanks Meter 9
While not stated on the page, it was mentioned in the podcast that battery improvements was one of the fix's. That said, I've been running on it for a day, and haven't really noticed much.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-phon...eloper-preview
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Nokia Lumia 920 ATT Black] [ATT Amber Dev Rom] [WP 8.1]
Firmware:3051.40000.1347.1001

dxdy
Old
Thanks Meter 1,666

DONATE TO ME
i not notice improvement on battery life with update 1... same as before with 8.1... but my battery can long 2 days... only what i do is hard reset and set all settings from fresh (not used backup from cloud)
HTC HD2 * download Pdaimatejam ROM's + radio's
WP7 ROM Install Tutorial v2.5
Battery saving tricks for HD2

Change Live account region - https://live.xbox.com/AccountMigration

Gmail/Google settings, sync and calendar under WP7.8

My devices: Nokia Lumia 920 developer unlocked, HTC HD2 (sold), GoClever TAB T76 GPS TV

I spent half my money on computers, smartphones, alcohol and girls... The other half I wasted. (modern version of W.C. Fields quote)

hoursenghong
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Gotta say 8.1 is amazing. Tile wallpaper, 3 columns and notification panel slide down and a lot more...

Jeroenvk94
Old
Thanks Meter 341
I haven't noticed a thing on mine...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
TEAM ADVANCE THEME

Samsung Galaxy S Advance

MY WORKS:
Don't share my work without my permission!

vbv1509
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks

thanks

gammite
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdy View Post
i not notice improvement on battery life with update 1... same as before with 8.1... but my battery can long 2 days... only what i do is hard reset and set all settings from fresh (not used backup from cloud)
i just recently updated to 8.1. and i can say that after my first attempt of using the backed up settings from the cloud starting completely fresh is the way to go. battery life was less than 5 hours for me at first. after hard resetting and starting from scratch my phone is no longer hot and the battery time has resumed to what it was before the update.
Moto X 32GB - 4.4.2
Dell Venue 8 Pro - Win8.1x32
Nexus 7 FHD - 4.4.4
Iconia W500 - Win8.1x32
Nokia Lumia 920 - WP 8.1 dev
iPhone 5 16GB - iOS 7.1.2

and many more. lol.