Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,302 Members 51,508 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV][HOW TO]Enable S5 Grid/List View in S4 SecSettings

Tip us?

karkasss
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by dajumper View Post
The grid style is not working good an example battery icon gives language etc... when i change to list everything works good

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53096068

SHV-E300K
The Following User Says Thank You to karkasss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oracle01642
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by IganKuhz View Post
Hello to all Developers and XDA members!!

I have come here to give you a couple of guides on how to enable some S5 Features and other good stuff so here is how you can do it! This guide is only for I9505, I do not know if it can be apply in other variants.
Some mods are based on other dev mods. It took me a lot of time to understand how they did it because they did not share any guide.

What Is Required:
★ Willing of learning and some patience and cold nerves!
★ Yoy need to have experience and know how to decompile/recompile apks with Apktools, apkmanager, smali, and baksmali
★ Have 7-zip installed onto your computer/laptop
★ Make sure you have Notepad++ also installed!

HOW TO ENABLE S5 GRID/LIST VIEW
WHAT DOES THIS MOD DO: This mod will let you enable grid/list view in the SecSettings.

★ Go into your system/priv-app folder and take out your "SecSettings.apk"
★ Then use one of the applications such as apktools or baksmali and then use the commands to decompile the SecMms.apk
★ Once you have decompiled the SecSettings.apk, go to:

Now open up "GridSettings.smali" with your notepad++ for editing.

Now for this part of this guide what I have highlighted in "GREEN" text is what you have to find using Notepad++, What you see in "RED" is the line you have to remove/delete completely, And also what you see in "BLUE" is the line you have to make changes to:

SEARCH FOR:

Code:
.method public onCreateOptionsMenu(Landroid/view/Menu;)Z
Now ADD

Code:
    const v3, 0x7f020013

invoke-interface {v2, v3}, Landroid/view/MenuItem;->setIcon(I)Landroid/view/MenuItem;

const/4 v3, 0x5

invoke-interface {v2, v3}, Landroid/view/MenuItem;->setShowAsActionFlags(I)Landroid/view/MenuItem;

:cond_0
    const/16 v0, 0xc9

const v1, 0x7f090027

invoke-interface {p1, v3, v0, v3, v1}, Landroid/view/Menu;->add(IIII)Landroid/view/MenuItem;

move-result-object v0

new-instance v1, Landroid/content/Intent;

const-class v2, Lcom/android/settings/GridSettings;

invoke-direct {v1, p0, v2}, Landroid/content/Intent;-><init>(Landroid/content/Context;Ljava/lang/Class;)V

invoke-interface {v0, v1}, Landroid/view/MenuItem;->setIntent(Landroid/content/Intent;)Landroid/view/MenuItem;

const/16 v3, 0xca

const v4, 0x7f09002b

invoke-interface {p1, v5, v3, v5, v4}, Landroid/view/Menu;->add(IIII)Landroid/view/MenuItem;

move-result-object v1

invoke-direct {p0}, Lcom/android/settings/GridSettings;->makeFavoriteIntent()Landroid/content/Intent;

move-result-object v0

invoke-interface {v1, v0}, Landroid/view/MenuItem;->setIntent(Landroid/content/Intent;)Landroid/view/MenuItem;

:cond_1
    invoke-super {p0, p1}, Landroid/app/Activity;->onCreateOptionsMenu(Landroid/view/Menu;)Z

move-result v3

return v3
.end method
Once done save your changes. now go to:

Now CHANGE THIS LINES TO:

Code:
<bool name="settings_list">true</bool>
Code:
<bool name="settings_list">false</bool>
and

Code:
<bool name="settings_grid">false</bool>
Code:
<bool name="settings_grid">true</bool>
This will remove second SecSetting icon in draw menu.

Once done now save changes, Recompile your SecSettings.apk and that's it your DONE!!!

If this help you give me credits, I have spend many hours doing this.

OK. This is for you my friends, As you ask me. Many more HOW TO are coming.
@XxeAgLeAnGeLxX @oracle01642 @karkasss @citymen34 @Chaos ^_^
When decompiling SecSettings, do you install the S5 framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk, or the S4 framework apk's?

XxeAgLeAnGeLxX
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
siempre lo dire eres un master bro, es un placer poder probar tu desarrollo y mas aun que lo compartas estoy realmente agradecido muchas gracias!!!

Geoxx
Old
Thanks Meter 65
Default Stock Framework

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle01642 View Post
When decompiling SecSettings, do you install the S5 framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk, or the S4 framework apk's?
Install the stock framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk not a custom or modded one

youngwake
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Dear OP, I've searched high and low to get the M919 secSettings.apk working with S5 mod, mainly to keep wifi-calling. while your mod and other s5 mods works on the tmobile variant system, the secSettings from the international s4 does not include wifi-calling, hence no way to use it. Could you please help me get this working for the M919?

what i am asking, is to get secSettings.apk from m919 NB4 modded to look like the s5 while keeping wifi-calling....simply put, is it possible?
I've followed various how-to tutorials such as this one, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783907 and this one, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2661715, but after installing the new compiled apk, it is simply not recognized by the system. But I am still trying...
anyways, could you looking into this if time permits? if so, thanks, if not, thanks any way.

heres a link to twframework-res.apk, framework-res.apk, secSettings.apk and even SystemUi.apk. These files are from T-mobile M919 NB4 4.4.2 KK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B61...it?usp=sharing
Happy Flashing!