Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,283 Members 39,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Default notification sound gone with custom rom[Carbon Rom] - How to get it back?

Tip us?

hookieV2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Default notification sound gone with custom rom[Carbon Rom] - How to get it back?

Hey community,

first of all I've got not very much knowledge about custom roms ans other stuff like this so please excuse me for this kind of noob question. But I've got my phone for more than 2 years and every time I got a whatsapp/sms/facebook message the default notification sound of the Xperia S was to hear. I know it's just a matter of habbit but I like this sound as well.

Well, I think with the installation of the new Carbon Rom got the sound deleted. Where I can download this orginal notification sound (.ogg file I guess) and in which directory have I to put it?

Thanks in advance,
hookie

Captain Droid
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookieV2 View Post
Hey community,

first of all I've got not very much knowledge about custom roms ans other stuff like this so please excuse me for this kind of noob question. But I've got my phone for more than 2 years and every time I got a whatsapp/sms/facebook message the default notification sound of the Xperia S was to hear. I know it's just a matter of habit but I like this sound as well.

Well, I think with the installation of the new Carbon Rom got the sound deleted. Where I can download this original notification sound (.ogg file I guess) and in which directory have I to put it?

Thanks in advance,
hookie
Hey,

Here you go Official JB Notifications

And the location were you have to put the files, [ Use file Explorer ]

system\media\audio\notifications

Sony Xperia ION(LT28h)
Android Version - JB 4.1.2
Kernel - Ghost Kernel Final - CWM + TWRP
Tweaks - init.d + build.prop
Bootloader Status - Un-Locked
Firmware - FX5280 Build - 6.2.B.1.96

Hit Thanks, If i Helped you

* Do not be afraid to ask dumb questions; they are easier to handle than dumb mistakes *

The Following User Says Thank You to Captain Droid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danlikesphones
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Droid View Post
Hey,

Here you go Official JB Notifications

And the location were you have to put the files, [ Use file Explorer ]

system\media\audio\notifications

The link you gave is not "Official JB Notifications". It is infact an anime episode.
Current Device: Sony Xperia Acro S

ROM: Stock Jelly Bean, Android Version 4.12, build number 6.2.B.1.96 with root and CWM

SD Card: 32GB

Press thanks if I helped you - it's free!