Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 46,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Q&A VoIP Issues on AOSP/CM/AOKP Roms

Tip us?

gmaldo007
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Q&A VoIP Issues on AOSP/CM/AOKP Roms

Hey Everyone,

I have a GN3 SM-N9005 32g, rooted and rom'd..
I have been having an issue I can not seem to figure out after weeks of searching and trying different Roms.

It seems that whenever I use any VoIP app, whether KakaoTalk, Line, Whatsapp, etc, and i make a call, the receiving person cannot hear me. They only hear static. But I can hear them..... And vice versa, if they call me, I only hear static, but they hear me fine!

I do not understand what can be wrong. I have tried CM11, AOSKP, C-Rom, AICP, and mostly all other AOSP and the problem remains. Everything else works fine and even hangouts video chat works great, just no ability to VoIP call without static.

Another interesting fact is that if I use TW base ROMs like x-note and bobcat, VoIP works perfectly!!

I do not like TW though, and wish for use with an AOSP rom . I need help if anyone knows a solution because I am traveling and most of.my calls are through Line or Kakaotalk.

Any help would be great, thank you!!

SM-N9005
32g
Android 4.4.2
N9005XXUENC2 baseband
AICP 4.0 releass

maxva7
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default VOIP issues with SOKP Rom or Slimkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaldo007 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I have a GN3 SM-N9005 32g, rooted and rom'd..
I have been having an issue I can not seem to figure out after weeks of searching and trying different Roms.

It seems that whenever I use any VoIP app, whether KakaoTalk, Line, Whatsapp, etc, and i make a call, the receiving person cannot hear me. They only hear static. But I can hear them..... And vice versa, if they call me, I only hear static, but they hear me fine!

I do not understand what can be wrong. I have tried CM11, AOSKP, C-Rom, AICP, and mostly all other AOSP and the problem remains. Everything else works fine and even hangouts video chat works great, just no ability to VoIP call without static.

Another interesting fact is that if I use TW base ROMs like x-note and bobcat, VoIP works perfectly!!

I do not like TW though, and wish for use with an AOSP rom . I need help if anyone knows a solution because I am traveling and most of.my calls are through Line or Kakaotalk.

Any help would be great, thank you!!

SM-N9005
32g
Android 4.4.2
N9005XXUENC2 baseband
AICP 4.0 releass
I am having the exact same issue lately does not matter if i use Slimkat, SOKP or even AOSP Roms is this a bug or user error?