Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchpad Toolbox

Tip us?

Spherewalker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Touchpad Toolbox

Just installed JCSullins KitKat ROM using his fantastic TPToolbox. Whole process was very straightforward and worked a breeze. Would have written to thank him in his thread about it but haven't enough posts yet to do so. Made an intimidating process straightforward.

MartinH@webos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thanks to JCSullins !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherewalker View Post
Just installed JCSullins KitKat ROM using his fantastic TPToolbox. Whole process was very straightforward and worked a breeze. Would have written to thank him in his thread about it but haven't enough posts yet to do so. Made an intimidating process straightforward.
Same from my side. I'm new here and I like it a lot. Seems to be the best place for technical webos / TP users.

dwalk51
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I agree. It seems like an excellent tool. I'm about to sit down and put in my touchpad, hopefully it's smooth sailing. Have you reinstalled android or anything like that? If so, is android smoother or faster for you?

seboj
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk51 View Post
I agree. It seems like an excellent tool. I'm about to sit down and put in my touchpad, hopefully it's smooth sailing. Have you reinstalled android or anything like that? If so, is android smoother or faster for you?
I used the toolbox yesterday to blow away WebOS and an old CM install from last year. Used it to flash latest CWM and CM11, easy as pie. I would definitely say it's smoother than my previous install.
Over the years: Samsung Blackjack 2 -> Samsung Jack -> HTC Pure (TouchDiamond2) -> HTC Aria -> Motorola Atrix -> HTC One-X -> SGS3 -> LG G3

LG G3
TowelRoot
SuperSu
Xposed Installer

HP TouchPad
[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies [3.0 kernel]
Installed using JCSullins amazing Touchpad Toolbox

dwalk51
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by seboj View Post
I used the toolbox yesterday to blow away WebOS and an old CM install from last year. Used it to flash latest CWM and CM11, easy as pie. I would definitely say it's smoother than my previous install.
I agree, my experience was similar. I saw an increase in performance. That being said, I'm still playing around with different gapps installs. For me, the smoothest has been the stock, latest, kk-gapps that's like 200+ Mb. Have you found anything better?

seboj
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk51 View Post
I agree, my experience was similar. I saw an increase in performance. That being said, I'm still playing around with different gapps installs. For me, the smoothest has been the stock, latest, kk-gapps that's like 200+ Mb. Have you found anything better?
I'm just using the gapps from the CM11 nightly thread, only about 85mb I believe. No issues yet.
Over the years: Samsung Blackjack 2 -> Samsung Jack -> HTC Pure (TouchDiamond2) -> HTC Aria -> Motorola Atrix -> HTC One-X -> SGS3 -> LG G3

LG G3
TowelRoot
SuperSu
Xposed Installer

HP TouchPad
[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies [3.0 kernel]
Installed using JCSullins amazing Touchpad Toolbox

Shyamani
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quick n easy installs with TT!

gtallmadge
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Touchpad

Very slick!
Can't believe it was so easy to get kitkat on my Touchpad.

shumad1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Touchpad Toolbox-recovery issue?

Hi, all. After unmounting the media volume (post copy of recovery, gapps and rom to ttinstall folder) I see the following: Checking Install files...

1 logical volume (s) in volume group "store" now active

No supported recovery file found. Aborting.

My ttinstall folder contains:

cm-11-20140705-UNOFFICIAL-3.4_kernel-tenderloin.zip
gapps-kk-20140105.zip
update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140512.zip

I'm assuming the last is my recovery. I've done the complete data reset three times, with the same issue. If I choose reboot, I get:
Selected: 'boot'
Loading ' /boot/uImage-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin'...FAILED
BOOT FAILED!

Any idea on what's going on? Is there a "standard" recovery file I should try instead to make this work? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

chucknojunk@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Agreed, excellent tool - just a note about re-installing WebOS

Just finished installing the Toolbox (way to go JCS!!), just wanted to note that I received a "NOT COMPATIBLE DEVICE" error when following the instructions from JCS Post #64. When I used a WebOS doctor that I already had, there was no problem.

The doctor listed in post #64 is "webosdoctorp305hstnhatt.jar" which gave me the error
The doctor I used is "webosdoctorp305hstnhatt.jar" which worked fine

not sure what the difference is, but wanted to post this for non-devs like me.