Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Touchpad Toolbox

Tip us?
 
Spherewalker
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 5
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default Touchpad Toolbox

Just installed JCSullins KitKat ROM using his fantastic TPToolbox. Whole process was very straightforward and worked a breeze. Would have written to thank him in his thread about it but haven't enough posts yet to do so. Made an intimidating process straightforward.
 
MartinH@webos
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jun 2014
Thumbs up Thanks to JCSullins !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spherewalker View Post
Just installed JCSullins KitKat ROM using his fantastic TPToolbox. Whole process was very straightforward and worked a breeze. Would have written to thank him in his thread about it but haven't enough posts yet to do so. Made an intimidating process straightforward.
Same from my side. I'm new here and I like it a lot. Seems to be the best place for technical webos / TP users.
 
dwalk51
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2012
I agree. It seems like an excellent tool. I'm about to sit down and put in my touchpad, hopefully it's smooth sailing. Have you reinstalled android or anything like that? If so, is android smoother or faster for you?
 
seboj
Old
#4  
seboj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 402
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk51 View Post
I agree. It seems like an excellent tool. I'm about to sit down and put in my touchpad, hopefully it's smooth sailing. Have you reinstalled android or anything like that? If so, is android smoother or faster for you?
I used the toolbox yesterday to blow away WebOS and an old CM install from last year. Used it to flash latest CWM and CM11, easy as pie. I would definitely say it's smoother than my previous install.
Over the years: Samsung Blackjack 2 -> Samsung Jack -> HTC Pure (TouchDiamond2) -> HTC Aria -> Motorola Atrix -> HTC One-X -> SGS3 -> LG G3

LG G3
TowelRoot
SuperSu
Xposed Installer

HP TouchPad
[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies [3.0 kernel]
Installed using JCSullins amazing Touchpad Toolbox
 
dwalk51
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by seboj View Post
I used the toolbox yesterday to blow away WebOS and an old CM install from last year. Used it to flash latest CWM and CM11, easy as pie. I would definitely say it's smoother than my previous install.
I agree, my experience was similar. I saw an increase in performance. That being said, I'm still playing around with different gapps installs. For me, the smoothest has been the stock, latest, kk-gapps that's like 200+ Mb. Have you found anything better?
 
seboj
Old
#6  
seboj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 402
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwalk51 View Post
I agree, my experience was similar. I saw an increase in performance. That being said, I'm still playing around with different gapps installs. For me, the smoothest has been the stock, latest, kk-gapps that's like 200+ Mb. Have you found anything better?
I'm just using the gapps from the CM11 nightly thread, only about 85mb I believe. No issues yet.
Over the years: Samsung Blackjack 2 -> Samsung Jack -> HTC Pure (TouchDiamond2) -> HTC Aria -> Motorola Atrix -> HTC One-X -> SGS3 -> LG G3

LG G3
TowelRoot
SuperSu
Xposed Installer

HP TouchPad
[ROM] [NIGHTLY] [KitKat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 nightlies [3.0 kernel]
Installed using JCSullins amazing Touchpad Toolbox
 
Shyamani
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 12
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quick n easy installs with TT!
 
gtallmadge
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 36
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Veneta, OR
Default Touchpad

Very slick!
Can't believe it was so easy to get kitkat on my Touchpad.
 
shumad1
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Jan 2008
Default Touchpad Toolbox-recovery issue?

Hi, all. After unmounting the media volume (post copy of recovery, gapps and rom to ttinstall folder) I see the following: Checking Install files...

1 logical volume (s) in volume group "store" now active

No supported recovery file found. Aborting.

My ttinstall folder contains:

cm-11-20140705-UNOFFICIAL-3.4_kernel-tenderloin.zip
gapps-kk-20140105.zip
update-TWRP-jcs-dm-tenderloin-20140512.zip

I'm assuming the last is my recovery. I've done the complete data reset three times, with the same issue. If I choose reboot, I get:
Selected: 'boot'
Loading ' /boot/uImage-2.6.35-palm-tenderloin'...FAILED
BOOT FAILED!

Any idea on what's going on? Is there a "standard" recovery file I should try instead to make this work? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
 
chucknojunk@gmail.com
Old
#10  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default Agreed, excellent tool - just a note about re-installing WebOS

Just finished installing the Toolbox (way to go JCS!!), just wanted to note that I received a "NOT COMPATIBLE DEVICE" error when following the instructions from JCS Post #64. When I used a WebOS doctor that I already had, there was no problem.

The doctor listed in post #64 is "webosdoctorp305hstnhatt.jar" which gave me the error
The doctor I used is "webosdoctorp305hstnhatt.jar" which worked fine

not sure what the difference is, but wanted to post this for non-devs like me.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more

Choose from Over a Thousand Battery Styles with 3Minit Battery Mod

The battery style in stock Android looks pretty dull. It doesn’t … more