Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

New radio in latest OTA?

OP 1BadHEMI

29th May 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pasadena
Thanks Meter: 89

442 posts
More
Has anyone else had pretty piss poor reception with the new radio? Ever since updating, mine and my wife's phones get poor signal. Where we use to get awesome signal, now there is either weak or none.

I also notice a lot of times where it shows I have full service, LTE status is shown, but when accessing data it just sits there doing nothing.

Anyone else noticing this?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
29th May 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #2  
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 246

1,451 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadHEMI

Has anyone else had pretty piss poor reception with the new radio? Ever since updating, mine and my wife's phones get poor signal. Where we use to get awesome signal, now there is either weak or none.

I also notice a lot of times where it shows I have full service, LTE status is shown, but when accessing data it just sits there doing nothing.

It's been the other way around for me, I was getting horrible results with the 1.14 radio to the point where people would have intermittent transmission from me and would complain that my voice kept cutting out even with 4 full signal bars and I heard them just fine. The 1.16 radio has fixed that problem for me 100%.
2nd June 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 11

185 posts
Is it possible to downgrade just the radio?
For me, I noticed that my phone constantly drops my data, it goes from 5 bars LTE to just 5 bars, no LTE logo (therefore no data) then an x in place of LTE with 5 bars, then 3G, H and back to LTE.

I'm s-off and rather go back to old radio or firmware.
5th June 2014, 02:32 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 19

90 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysoprano

Is it possible to downgrade just the radio?
For me, I noticed that my phone constantly drops my data, it goes from 5 bars LTE to just 5 bars, no LTE logo (therefore no data) then an x in place of LTE with 5 bars, then 3G, H and back to LTE.

I'm s-off and rather go back to old radio or firmware.

To the best of my understanding, as long as you're s-off and have a flashable version of the radio then yeah, you should be able to do so.
9th June 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 25

501 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadHEMI

Same here. But it's been not so good on both versions. Mine likes to switch from 2g, 4g and lte for no reason all the time. Even in places where I know I have strong lte reception. Also same here with the data not working even though it shows I have service. But I am getting a replacement device today cause my current one the power button broke. So I'm gonna go activate the new one and see if T-Mobile will replace the SIM card as well.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th June 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #6  
Flag McAllen, Tx
Thanks Meter: 24

231 posts
More
What is the news radio number.
18th June 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #7  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 33

85 posts
Since you are S-OFF, try the GPE radio, I get much better results with it.
22nd July 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 441

2,225 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Fix-a-Lot

Since you are S-OFF, try the GPE radio, I get much better results with it.

Where would I get this radio? And are you speaking of using it on a sense based rom?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread