Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,614 Members 44,494 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UE Boom and Galaxy S5

Tip us?

AlphaXray
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default UE Boom and Galaxy S5

Taking a shot in the dark here, but hoping someone out there has experienced this and may have an idea what is happening. I have a new Galaxy S5 and a Logitech UE Boom bluetooth speaker. The speaker worked completely fine with my S3, but with the S5 after about 5 minutes of listening the audio begins to stutter and sound as if it is going to cut out. After about 15 seconds of this it returns to normal. It will then do this again after about another 5 minutes, and so on and so forth. I have tried all basic troubleshooting I could think of. Restarting both devices, unpairing the device, completely resetting the boom to unpair it from any device, trying multiple sources of audio (locally stored music and streaming music). Nothing seems to change. I have a Logitech Bluetooth adapter in my bedroom that works great with no stuttering issues. I also updated the UE Boom to the latest firmware. Not sure if this did it or not, but I also have a UE Mini Boom that has the same issue with the S5 and that hasn't been updated. Anyone out there have an issue like this? Thanks for any advice!

thinkdifferent25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default UE Boom cuts out drops out

YES!!! It is so aggravating. They know about the issue but deny it until the end. Mine does the same thing. Cuts out drops out every few minutes or seconds. Everyone hates it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaXray View Post
Taking a shot in the dark here, but hoping someone out there has experienced this and may have an idea what is happening. I have a new Galaxy S5 and a Logitech UE Boom bluetooth speaker. The speaker worked completely fine with my S3, but with the S5 after about 5 minutes of listening the audio begins to stutter and sound as if it is going to cut out. After about 15 seconds of this it returns to normal. It will then do this again after about another 5 minutes, and so on and so forth. I have tried all basic troubleshooting I could think of. Restarting both devices, unpairing the device, completely resetting the boom to unpair it from any device, trying multiple sources of audio (locally stored music and streaming music). Nothing seems to change. I have a Logitech Bluetooth adapter in my bedroom that works great with no stuttering issues. I also updated the UE Boom to the latest firmware. Not sure if this did it or not, but I also have a UE Mini Boom that has the same issue with the S5 and that hasn't been updated. Anyone out there have an issue like this? Thanks for any advice!

dydigital
Old
(Last edited by dydigital; 23rd June 2014 at 09:08 PM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkdifferent25 View Post
YES!!! It is so aggravating. They know about the issue but deny it until the end. Mine does the same thing. Cuts out drops out every few minutes or seconds. Everyone hates it.
I have the beats pill and no problems like this. I also use bluetooth audio in my car without issue

Nerman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default UE Boom and iPhone 5 -sound cuts out

So I just purchased the UE Boom and am also having trouble with sound cutting out, basically on a random basis. Like the person above, I used every possible combination of powering up the device, pairing, streaming, using recorded audio on my iPhone, etc. and nothing seems to work to stop this. I can go for an hour with no cut offs, and then have them regularly for the next hour. Reading the posts above, I am wondering if this might be a serious design flaw. Is there anyone out there with a UE Boom who has not experienced this problem? If that is the case, I am considering returning the two that I just bought and trying out different ones until I get ones that work. I totally love the sound, or I just wouldn't bother and would return them. But for small speakers I think they are great.